Media Shamrocks bareknuckle tourney announcement

neil_totally

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I guess at least Sokoudjou won’t be able to gimmick his gloves for this event. He must be gutted

Ah this is at an Indian reservation. I was wondering what athletic commission would sanction a bare knuckle 1 night tourney.

They better have a couple alternates ready. I expect at least one of the first round winners to be too busted up for a second fight.

It's kind of funny that Ken and Bas Rutten--two MMA pioneers and rivals in the earliest days--are both involved in BKB. But I seriously hope Ken doesn't accept Mark Coleman's challenge. Neither one of them need any more CTE.

im kinda stoked to watch this

Kens a legend. I wish him the best of luck in his venture.

I'd like to see him make some money. Despite being a pioneer of the sport, it sounds like he's had a bunch of unsuccessful ventures. That's why he kept fighting until he was almost 50. If he and Frank didn't have a falling out, I think they could've opened more Lion's Dens and started an early chain of gyms. They were really the first cross-training gym for NHB/MMA.

Looks like a train wreck. I'm in.

Mo going to sleep some dudes

Aren't there a bunch of old guys like Wes Sims and Mark Coleman on this card or was that BS?

shitshow written all over it

Its not that much worse than the other bareknuckle events. Its not that Lobov is a world beater. Rameau and Mighty Mo are definitely on his level even if they are 90years old;)

But I just dont trust Shamrock. He is such a snake oil salesman. Not sure if this will end in paid fighters.

I could definitely see bare naked taking over where bare knuckle left off here in a few years

Bareknuckle tournament is a terrible idea. Fighters take so much surface damage from bare knuckle that it's going to have a massive impact on successive bouts, and there is a high chance of fighters winning and then dropping due to cuts.

I'd watch for Sokoudjou and just soak it in.

hqdefault.jpg

Back