Shamed into shape

ra25093

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty fat. I don't want to be. I used to be 350 lbs, but went down to about 280 by an intestinal disorder, then down to about 220 by paleo diet. Now I've been eating like crap recently so I'm back up.

I feel like I stick to things better when the judging eyes of others are on me, so I'm going to start logging things as of today.

Going to be moderately-low-carbing, not sure if I'm going to try to stay mostly primal or not. There will be the occasional splurge but ideally not more than occasional.

Breakfast today was black coffee, two eggs microwaved with butter, and a single banana.

Lunch: Barbecue brisket with no sauce, kale with garlic and a touch of sesame oil.

Measurements to be posted later.

Last edited:
Check out the movie "Fat, sick, and nearly dead" on Netflix streaming or Amazon. Great movie about some huge guys who fought their way off meds and into shape. Motivational. Best of luck, my man!

I've learned that it is all about habits and sticking to a long term routine. Don't constantly try to look for the results, just stick to a good routine and the results will come in time. Don't do the "Well, I'll just treat myself this time" thing because you'll just be stuck in the same habit and routine that doesn't work.

Anyhow, good luck and I'm sure if you stick to your plan you'll reach your goal.

Oh also be careful with how many egg yolks you eat (some are good, but too much isn't). Egg whites are great though if you stick with a good workout routine.

Good luck, man.

Though you had an awful breakfast today.

Oh also be careful with how many egg yolks you eat (some are good, but too much isn't). Egg whites are great though if you stick with a good workout routine.

Though you had an awful breakfast today.

Stfu_teller.gif

The breakfast was fine, if not quite a bit low cal, and egg yolks are good for you, jesus fucking christ how some of you can even type on a keyboard, let alone make it onto the internet without hurting yourself, blows my mind sometimes...

Good luck TS, Weston Price and MDA are great places to start your journey.

Egg yolks are filled with all sorts of good vitamins and minerals as well as dietary cholesterol which you need for your body to regulate testosterone levels.

though i wouldn't microwave them. I have heard microwave destroys sensitive vitamins and minerals. don't quote me on that one but i usually just light scramble my eggs. do whatever you want to do though and good luck.

Some reading on the foundations of my approach to nutrition might explain why I don't think it was:

Though I wouldn't recommend coffee, it's not that bd and Mike Dolce even said it wass okay. But I do think it's wrong you're not drinking water to rehydrate.

A cup of coffee won't do that.

And the microwaved eggs with butter are obviously bad and the banana is fantastic.

Though I wouldn't recommend coffee, it's not that bd and Mike Dolce even said it wass okay. But I do think it's wrong you're not drinking water to rehydrate.

A cup of coffee won't do that.

And the microwaved eggs with butter are obviously bad and the banana is fantastic.

I didn't think water really needed mentioning. I drink tons of water, probably at least 6 liters a day.

I didn't think water really needed mentioning. I drink tons of water, probably at least 6 liters a day.

I don't know your daily routine, so you might need it.

It's nearly impossible to drink too much water, so good for you.

My dad for instance only drinks a cup of coffee to start the day and that's just wrong.

My dad for instance only drinks a cup of coffee to start the day and that's just wrong.

No, no it's not. I typically wake up at 7AM and drink several cups of coffee until 3-4PM when I eat my first meal, which often consists of fatty meats, eggs, bacon, and butter - among other things. Oh, and my blood work is immaculate. Come at me bro.

I am noticing a trend with your posts. lrn2nutrition

No, no it's not. I typically wake up at 7AM and drink several cups of coffee until 3-4PM when I eat my first meal, which often consists of fatty meats, eggs, bacon, and butter - among other things. Oh, and my blood work is immaculate. Come at me bro.

I am noticing a trend with your posts. lrn2nutrition

I know more about it than most people here.

The problem is that they think that anything but a bag of chips is healthy here.

People like Mike Dolce and Nick Diaz are guys who know what they're doing.

Nick believes in a raw and natural food diet, Mike Dolce doesn't eat that much raw food but he's all about eating natural foods.

All I see on Sherdog is people talking muscle milk and protein shakes and saying shit like fruit is ridiculous and complete nonsense like that.

Not only are you appealing to authority, you're appealing to crappy authority.

Oh so much fail. My sides!

I know more about it than most people here.

The problem is that they think that anything but a bag of chips is healthy here.

People like Mike Dolce and Nick Diaz are guys who know what they're doing.

Nick believes in a raw and natural food diet, Mike Dolce doesn't eat that much raw food but he's all about eating natural foods.

All I see on Sherdog is people talking muscle milk and protein shakes and saying shit like fruit is ridiculous and complete nonsense like that.

fruits and vegetables are not ridiculous but what you are saying is. then you cite Nick Diaz who eats eggs and fish to go with his "raw food" diet.

Eggs are very nutrient dense foods and saying they don't add much is a little ridiculous don't you think?

Dinner last night was a large pizza. Which is, of course, terrible. Which is why I'm logging this, because maybe since I can't seem to avoid eating crap for my own sake, I can avoid it when sherdoggers are tracking my progress.

Anyway, because of that and because I'm going on a date later which means restaurant food, from dinner last night to dinner tonight is a water/black coffee only* IF period.

*I do consume a slight amount of starch and oil in my pills, which daily include two prescription medications, a multivitamin, fish oil, melatonin, and D3 supplement.

This morning was a bit of a come-to-Jesus moment as I stepped on the scale and it read about 250. Not three months ago I was more like 225. So I've put on about 2lbs a week since then. Clearly that has to change.

I've taken my measurements and will try to update them roughly weekly. Scale is a dial scale; weight is taken in the morning before any meals, with no clothing. Waist is taken at navel level, chest at the nipple line, neck right below the adam's apple, thigh midway between groin and knee, and biceps at the peak. Measurements are in lbs/inches, rounded to nearest pound or 1/4 inch.

For the record, my height is right about 6'4".

Weight: 251
Waist: 42.5
Chest: 45.25
Neck: 16.5
Biceps: 15.5
Thigh: 27

I've eaten so terribly the past couple days I really don't want to post it, but of course the point of this topic is that when I eat awful crap I have to share it in the hopes that embarrassment will serve as a deterrent.

Saturday's dinner was, as said, restaurant food, in this case Chinese, though not the sugar-laden crap that passes for Chinese most places. I'm fortunate enough to have a restaurant started by renowned Sichuan chef Peter Chang with relatively authentic food. Granted, some of what I had was definitely bad for me (there's no way to make scallion bubble pancakes healthy) and the rest was probably cooked in canola oil, but it certainly wasn't as bad as it could be.

Sunday was a beach trip day, and the first meal of the day was lunch, McDonald's, two McDoubles and some McNuggets. This was followed by an ice cream cone as a snack, and after returning home having failed to catch any fish at all off the pier, an entire pizza for dinner, with regret and stomach pain for dessert.

Yesterday started off fairly well with three eggs, butter, and a banana for breakfast, and chicken, lettuce, and salsa garnished with a bit of cheese for lunch. But since my buddy is shipping off to the Army soon, we decided to celebrate for dinner, at Texas De Brazil, a Churrascaria. It's all-you-can-eat beef, which isn't really bad, but it also has cheese-filled rolls, potatoes au gratin, rice, fried bananas, garlic mashed potatoes, and (with coupons) a complimentary dessert (in my case, cheesecake).

Today I've told myself things have to change. I've told myself that before, but I didn't know before that I'd already reached 250 again. So breakfast was three eggs and butter (black unsweetened coffee can generally be assumed with breakfast for me), and for lunch I've brought boiled beef with a small serving of sweet potatoes to provide a few carbs for BJJ later. I don't anticipate dinner because I'm generally not hungry after BJJ, but we'll see.

I've eaten so terribly the past couple days I really don't want to post it, but of course the point of this topic is that when I eat awful crap I have to share it in the hopes that embarrassment will serve as a deterrent.

The deterrent will only be as much as the weight of the opinions a host of strangers on the internet resonates with you... This shouldn't be much at all.

I can sympathize with you, been right where you've been in the past (300-310 around 12 years ago, but I'm only 5'10, not 6'4), and if you had the actual "come to jesus" moment, it will stick permanently regardless of what a bunch of internet cowboys think... For me it came when I TRULY became sick of feeling like shit inside and out.

This is just my opinion, but you'll have to be 100% strict at first regardless of what happens in your life, because this is a lifestyle thing, not a diet thing. Put in the work and make it happen above all other things, and tell anyone in your life who isn't on board 100% with what you're doing to go fuck themselves. If you have people in your life that aren't on board and supportive, or poke fun/mock you for it, you're doing life wrong and need to evaluate that first.

You know what you have to do, truly resolve to do it, every moment in life feels so much better when you've got a handle on it and don't have a huge amount of dead weight (mentally and physically) holding you down. Ask questions along the way.

Back