shake mixing

supersudo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ok, my question is:

"is it ok to mix my fiber powder with my protein powder?".. and what about mixing "green powders and protein powders?"... do u think it's possible to mix all three? lol

to my knowledge, i heard that fiber can inhibit the absorption of fats if any fats are taken with it.... but is there anything else i should know?

i find myself mixing a lot drinks a day and it's starting to get tedious :D

mixing green powders and protein powders sounds disgusting

There shouldn't be any problem mixing the Protein and the Green Drink together other than the taste (I've done it before and it can suck or be fine depending on your flavor of Protein Shake).

Adding the Fiber in there might interfere with your obsorption of the green drink and protein drink. But I have never tried it so I'm not positive.

Reakt said:
mixing green powders and protein powders sounds disgusting
indeed it is.. however, i'm willing to compromise when i'm short on time :wink:

they key is 'apple juice' lol :D

Sudo, I looked around on this, and I did find reports confirming fiber inhibited the absorption of carbohydrates, but everything I could find suggests fiber simply delays the absorption of the carbohydrates, resulting in a lower GI effect. So it's a good thing.

From my experience, to mix fiber with protein creates a large quantity of product to drink and it seems as if when mixed, they create a glue type consistency, unless it's just ground flax. The Super Seed I've been taking is what Im referring to when I say glue, but it's awesome when mixed with greens.

I like to take the fiber and greens, then drink the protein shake a few 30 minutes afterwards. That is if time allows.

About the absorption of carbs and fiber, I have not heard.

Madmick said:
resulting in a lower GI effect. So it's a good thing.

but don't u need high GI post-workout?.. maybe i'll just use the fiber for morning then..

Back