Economy Shabibo tries to walk back retirement rant. Fails again at using Google search.

Happiness

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'll let Uncle Sam explain.

Rip Michael.

If this needs to be merged I understand. I'm unsure of the guidelines surrounding threads.

Numbers. Money doesn't create food or natural resources. It's a number. Who invented it.

Numbers. Money doesn't create food or natural resources. It's a number. Who invented it.
What are you trying to say? Are you asking me why money has value or do you want me to talk about marked sticks? I don't know what you are trying to express.

Fiat currency has value because you have to pay your tax with it. It always has a use case.

As for the history of money, you can research that yourself. Basically it makes trading easier. It's not tough to figure out if you imagine what a bartering only system in which you traded in goods/commodities only was like. Certain rare items (usually small, gems etc etc) become valuable because you can easily transport them which facilitates arbitrage... you can research it from there.

Last edited:
What are you trying to say? Are you asking me why money has value or do you want me to talk about marked sticks. I don't know what you are trying to express.

Fiat currency has value because you have to pay your tax with it. It always has a use case.

As for the history of money, you can research that yourself. Basically it makes trading easier. It's not tough to figure out if you imagine what a bartering only system where you traded goods only. Certain rare items become valuable because you can easily transports them which footages arbitrage.

Money is a symbol for trading. We don't want the paper. The paper and number is not a resource. It's not what we eat. It's not the water we drink. It's not the stone or metal our house is made of. If the whole world went bankrupt. It wouldn't change any of the resources. It's a means of control.

Money is a symbol for trading. We don't want the paper. The paper and number is not a resource. It's not what we eat. It's not the water we drink. It's not the stone or metal our house is made of. If the whole world went bankrupt. It wouldn't change any of the resources. It's a means of control.

This is just babble sorry. I don't even know where to start. I'll start by suggesting you stop using YouTube to learn about economic history. Stop watching infowar videos, those videos were made to encourage Alex's fans to buy the gold he was selling.

Pick up a annotated copy of wealth of nations and start there.

Wealth of nations is free online btw, it's outside copywrite and is part of the public domain.
Here's a grab bag of free but essential reading if you really care.

Here's a link to the page I sorted them into. There's much more there.

Last edited:
This is just babble sorry. I don't even know where to start. I'll start by suggesting you stop using YouTube to learn about economic history. Stop watching infowar videos, those videos were made to encourage Alex's fans to buy the gold he was selling.

Pick up a annotated copy of wealth of nations and start there.

Wealth of nations is free online btw, it's outside copywrite and is part of the public domain.
Here's a grab bag of free but essential reading if you really care.

Here's a link to the page I sorted them into. There's much more there.

You didn't reply to anything I said

You are babbling with long links and sentences avoiding my statements.

What I said wasn't from other sources but me

You didn't reply to anything I said

You are babbling with long links and sentences avoiding my statements.

What I said wasn't from other sources but me
Yes, you babble nonsense. I was trying to help but nvm. Bye now. I'm putting you on ignore. Your posts are painfully childish to read.

shabba-doo-icegif-8.gif

OK dad. Sorry I made a joke about your very cool friend. I feel put in my place and suitably chastised by your superior sense of maturity.

Rottfl. Are you serous dude? Grow a sense of humor. So precious. Adults make stupid jokes too. Maybe YOU should grow up and stop clutching your pearls so hard. Get that stick out of your arse. Ill draw you a diagram of how to remove it if you want.

I haven't laughed so much at anything on this forum since I started posting here again. Being told to grow up, on this board? Bloody hilarious. I come here to be immature for as much reason as any other. It's cathartic.

Oh. Tell me again.

What if I call him Ben Shapopo. Go on, do it.

Parent me daddy!

Last edited:
anyone who takes ben seriously, let alone at face value, is literally retarded. I mean, one has to be seriously stupid to believe one single word that comes out of any neocon’s mouth.

anyone who takes ben seriously, let alone at face value, is literally retarded. I mean, one has to be seriously stupid to believe one single word that comes out of any neocon’s mouth.

The view counts on his videos are crazy. Obviously he has fans, but ive only ever met one.

A Maori mate of mine, who was a Mormon, got recommended Ben by a church "elder." I think that's what they call senior church members in the lds church. He tortured me with Ben's ideas for about two years while we lifted together, before his wife decided they were leaving the church (she was born into the church, he baptised in).

He then promptly brought a gaming computer and never mentioned Ben again

I bring this up, because even the libertarians I know here, in nz, (act party supporters) can't stand Ben.

Where do these views come from? Are they brought? His popularity makes no sense to me. Who does Ben appeal to? He used to be the child prodigy (read the the Bari Weiss article on him and the idw published in the NYT about a decade ago) what is he now ?

Last edited:
I'll let Uncle Sam explain.

Rip Michael.

If this needs to be merged I understand. I'm unsure of the guidelines surrounding threads.

I disagree with Ben but can you post the original?

The view counts on his videos are crazy. Obviously he has fans, but ive only ever met one.

A Maori mate of mine, who was a Mormon, got recommended Ben by a church "elder." I think that's what they call senior church members in the lds church. He tortured me with Ben's ideas for about two years while we lifted together, before his wife decided they were leaving the church (she was born into the church, he baptised in).

I bring this up, because even the libertarians I know here, in nz, (act party supporters) can't stand Ben.

Where do these views come from? Are they brought? His popularity makes no sense to me. Who does Ben appeal to? He used to be the child prodigy (read the the Bari Weiss article on him and the idw published in the NYT about a decade ago) what is he now ?
Conservatives are the new gay. They won't come out in public but the view counts outnumber most liberal online media.

He's this guy now

Back