Sex Offenders

sub_thug

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So a few of us were sitting around talking, and someone raised a really good point about sex offender registration. Basically, this is the judicial system admitting its failure here. By forcing sex offenders to register, they are admitting two things: The first is that the sex offender is not rehabilitated from their perversions. If they were rehabilitated, then they could be released from prison with no further actions taken, as most crimes are. The second is that the judiciary is admitting that they cannot keep the public safe because this registration is so that law enforcement can know where the sex offender lives at and so that people that live in the area can know where the sex offender lives so that they can take measures to protect themselves from the sex offender.

Now we all know that there are a few people on the sex offender registry that don’t belong there, such as people who get public urination citations from taking a piss at 2:00 in the morning as the bars close. This thread isn’t about those people. This thread is about the legitimate sex offenders who try to get a table for one at Chuck E Cheese so that they can creep on kids. Is this not an admission of failure by the judiciary? Should the penalties for these crimes not be reexamined?

It's a good point. I honestly think there should be a death penalty for molesting kids. Some of these kids never recover.

And the perpetrators are always a threat.

I'm with Rip, legit kiddie fiddlers should be put down.

I've worked with children who have been sexually assaulted/abused and it's horrifying, it really is a life sentence.

There's not many crimes I feel warrant such an extreme punishment, but messing with children is one of them.

It's a good point. I honestly think there should be a death penalty for molesting kids. Some of these kids never recover.

I'm with Rip, legit kiddie fiddlers should be put down.

I've worked with children who have been sexually assaulted/abused and it's horrifying, it really is a life sentence.

There's not many crimes I feel warrant such an extreme punishment, but messing with children is one of them.
Yup

The sex offender registry seems to be working really well, not sure how that's a failure. The public urination thing is pretty much a myth- check your own local area and tell me if there's a single dumpster pisser on it. Also, I question the folk fact of super high recidivism as compared to other crimes. I haven't seen much support for that claim.

If the hypothesis about faulty white matter wiring is correct, there's no way to fix pedos with our current tech, their brain is fucked up. Apparently some child molesters aren't pedos, they do it for the power trip, those are the only ones you could possibly re-rehabilitate because they're not actually attracted to children i.e. their brain is "normal".

They should just build a penal colony with child robots for these people to live in.

Or being given the option of castration.

So a few of us were sitting around talking, and someone raised a really good point about sex offender registration. Basically, this is the judicial system admitting its failure here. By forcing sex offenders to register, they are admitting two things: The first is that the sex offender is not rehabilitated from their perversions. If they were rehabilitated, then they could be released from prison with no further actions taken, as most crimes are. The second is that the judiciary is admitting that they cannot keep the public safe because this registration is so that law enforcement can know where the sex offender lives at and so that people that live in the area can know where the sex offender lives so that they can take measures to protect themselves from the sex offender.

Now we all know that there are a few people on the sex offender registry that don’t belong there, such as people who get public urination citations from taking a piss at 2:00 in the morning as the bars close. This thread isn’t about those people. This thread is about the legitimate sex offenders who try to get a table for one at Chuck E Cheese so that they can creep on kids. Is this not an admission of failure by the judiciary? Should the penalties for these crimes not be reexamined?

I don't think sex offenders can be rehabilitated. Sexual preferences are part of who you are as a person. Just as a gay person is born gay, I think pedophiles are born liking little kids. No amount of jail or rehab will ever change that. That's why I think there should be a death penalty for anyone convicted of touching a child. The offender can't change who they are attracted to, and it's not really their fault to a degree, but at the same time they can't be trusted in society. They just drew the short end of the stick and they don't have a place in society. I honestly believe the only way to handle pedos/rapists is to end their lives.

As far as those weird cases where someone gets caught peeing in a bush or some 18 year old high school boy is dating a 16 year old high school girl, those shouldn't quality as a sex crimes in my opinion.

I tend to agree with both points. I'd also like to add that there should be a scale designated for sex offenders like level/tier 1, 2, 3, etc. Grouping in the drunk guy at the bar who whips his dick out with Jeffrey Epstein who trafficked and pimped out 12 year olds is beyond retarded. The former should at least have just a probationary offender status, while the latter should've been publicly executed.

The only “failure” this points out is the judicial system caving in to the increasingly pussified American opinion on what constitutes “Cruel and unusual punishment”. Personally, I think true sex offenders (such as pedos) should get a bullet to the head. However, we have more and more idiots in this country that think everyone deserves a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chance.

Now, how to define a “sex offender” is an entirely different subject. A 21 year old student teacher that dates an 18 year old student, really shouldn’t be labeled a sex offender in my opinion.

I tend to agree with both points. I'd also like to add that there should be a scale designated for sex offenders like level/tier 1, 2, 3, etc. Grouping in the drunk guy at the bar who whips his dick out with Jeffrey Epstein who trafficked and pimped out 12 year olds is beyond retarded. The former should at least have just a probationary offender status, while the latter should've been publicly executed.
There are different levels.

The sex offender registry seems to be working really well, not sure how that's a failure. The public urination thing is pretty much a myth- check your own local area and tell me if there's a single dumpster pisser on it. Also, I question the folk fact of super high recidivism as compared to other crimes. I haven't seen much support for that claim.
There are a few misconceptions surrounding crimes of this nature because its such a taboo subject. Research isn't easy to do and given the nature of the crime people get very emotional very quickly. As they should I might add, since protecting children is an admirable and expected impulse. But even positive and reasonable instincts can cloud our judgement.

I agree was well. I think it sucks when someone's life is ruined because of having to register depending on what they did.

Sexual predators like rapists and child molesters should have to register for sure. I'm all for that. But I've heard of the stupidest reasons people have had to register.. from women getting busted for flashing their tits at a Mardi Gras party, to public urination to two consenting adults fucking in a car late at night.

If the offenders are safe and rehabilitated, then why do they need to register?

It doesn't need to be higher, given the stakes involved. It just needs to be present. Even with the registry, recidivism is not down. These people are still committing sexual or violent crimes at roughly 31% recidivism. Why allow rapists and child molesters back out on the streets at all? That's the point.

https://www.smart.gov/SOMAPI/sec1/ch5_recidivism.html

They should just build a penal colony with child robots for these people to live in.

Or being given the option of castration.
I think that chemical castration is an option in certain jurisdictions. And its not even as bad as it sounds, its a reversible process and has had some success. It also has some side effects with the biggest downside being that stopping the treatment leads to the sexual urges coming back with a vengeance.

I don't agree with the death penalty necessarily (depending on severity of the case), but castration should be an automatic part of a sentence, no matter the severity.

I think that chemical castration is an option in certain jurisdictions. And its not even as bad as it sounds, its a reversible process and has had some success. It also has some side effects with the biggest downside being that stopping the treatment leads to the sexual urges coming back with a vengeance.

One woman I know was raped with a plastic bottle. Castration isn't gonna do you much good if the kick sexual predator gets from rape is based on power and control rather than bodily pleasure. Just isolate them from society and use them as guinea pigs in psychological researches aimed at discovering potential roots of their behavior.

I agree was well. I think it sucks when someone's life is ruined because of having to register depending on what they did.

Sexual predators like rapists and child molesters should have to register for sure. I'm all for that. But I've heard of the stupidest reasons people have had to register.. from women getting busted for flashing their tits at a Mardi Gras party, to public urination to two consenting adults fucking in a car late at night.
I disagree with having a sex offender registry for child molesters. We should create a special execution registry brought live to a channel near you.

The only “failure” this points out is the judicial system caving in to the increasingly pussified American opinion on what constitutes “Cruel and unusual punishment”. Personally, I think true sex offenders (such as pedos) should get a bullet to the head. However, we have more and more idiots in this country that think everyone deserves a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chance.

Now, how to define a “sex offender” is an entirely different subject. A 21 year old student teacher that dates an 18 year old student, really shouldn’t be labeled a sex offender in my opinion.
Where do you live that an 21 y/o dating an 18 y/o would be considered any sort of sex crime? It's unprofessional and will probably end that student teacher's career before it starts, but that's not statutory rape in any state.

Back