Seth MacFarlane's THE ORVILLE (Season 3 Coming to Hulu)

Just started watching the show. So far im four episode into season one. Im actually astonished at how well Seth Macfarlane modernized Star Trek for todays short attention span viewer.

Its not the Michael Bay abortion of Star Trek that JJ Abrams and CBS has been vomiting out.

This show is our only hope. Otherwise, we'll be in one of the low points of Trek limbo, again. Although I'd actually welcome another dark age in preference to the SJW schlock we're being fed, currently.

Everyone rightfully hated Picard right away in spite of its fantastic pilot. For some reason, it took quite a few Trekkies longer to figure out how bad Discovery is, but even those hardcore hanger-ons finally accepted the truth. It's a piece of shit. In fact, it has fallen lower than even Picard on IMDb's rating scale, and it just recorded the lowest-rated season in Star Trek history (a 6.6).
https://www.ratingraph.com/tv-shows/star-trek-discovery-ratings-58549/
full

IMDb Ratings
weighted mean; arithmetic mean decides tiebreakers
Updated 8/27/2022

• [8.6] Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987)
  • [8.3] Star Trek (1966)
  • [8.0] The Orville (2017)
  • [8.0] Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993)
  • [7.8] Star Trek: Voyager (1995)
  • [7.5] Star Trek: Enterprise (2001)
  • [7.3] Star Trek: Picard (2020)
  • [7.0] Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Last edited:
Season 3 has been delayed, but will arrive on Hulu on June 2nd, so only about 6 weeks to go. They sneak peeked the first 4min of the season's cold open as a mea culpa:

Season 3 has been delayed, but will arrive on Hulu on June 2nd, so only about 6 weeks to go. They sneak peeked the first 4min of the season's cold open as a mea culpa:

great. this show is waaay better than star trek discovery, which is abysmal.
a flanker show has surpassed and is making a mockery of the original pedigree show.

great. this show is waaay better than star trek discovery, which is abysmal.
a flanker show has surpassed and is making a mockery of the original pedigree show.
Discovery is a disgrace and a cancer to the franchise.

See my post above? About the 7.2 overall for it, and the 6.6 S3 average-- the worst in Trek history? Season 4 averaged a 5.5. That's not only the worst score for any season in Trek history, that's one of the worst scores for any season of television that ran this past year.

The-Hills.gif

That look's amazing.

See my post above? About the 7.2 overall for it, and the 6.6 S3 average-- the worst in Trek history? Season 4 averaged a 5.5. That's not only the worst score for any season in Trek history, that's one of the worst scores for any season of television that ran this past year.

It's rough for old sci-fi franchises, Dr Who is in the crapper as well. Present days views are lower than the first season back in 63. They went the same route as Star Trek and doubled down on it as well.

So Family Guy in space? That's literally every Seth McFarlane show. Same idiot dad, weird daughter, talking animal/toddler/alien, same hot annoying wife, and same retarded son.

Edit: I watched the trailer and apologize. I still stand by my original statement that all of his cartoons are just spin offs of Family Guy.

So Family Guy in space? That's literally every Seth McFarlane show. Same idiot dad, weird daughter, talking animal/toddler/alien, same hot annoying wife, and same retarded son.

Edit: I watched the trailer and apologize. I still stand by my original statement that all of his cartoons are just spin offs of Family Guy.

I was in the same boat - Seth McFarline's name is on it so it must be trash - biut I found it surprisingly good - it's nice to see ppl actually be ppl and not rigid like in the next gen

I like the bobot stuff

Sad that the Star Trek clone is better than any Star Trek series going now.

Sad that the Star Trek clone is better than any Star Trek series going now.

New trec is destroyed by trying to appeal to everyone, in spite of the story - and in spite of years of established continuity

Who would have thought that SETH MCFUCKINGFARLAND would make something more enjoyable to watch without the burden of all the shit that weighing down and destroying a beloved franchise

New trec is destroyed by trying to appeal to everyone, in spite of the story - and in spite of years of established continuity

Who would have thought that SETH MCFUCKINGFARLAND would make something more enjoyable to watch without the burden of all the shit that weighing down and destroying a beloved franchise
Truth.

Sucks as Picard could have been a goat level star trek series......... if it didn't focus so hard on bei g over the top woke n political. Had they just made a star trek show like ....... a star trek show.

discovery is so bad that writers are so lost and dumb that they could not even dare to use warp drive and have to explain intricasies how warp drive works and how to modify it or run it so they made up a spore drive where you just stick a needle into some gay guy and it magicly ship speens around for no reason and magicly does what nothing in this world does. lol

Really wish the thread for this episode was in the War Room.

It would be hilarious.

Whatever room, episode was lots of being clever for trying to appear clever.
Seth thought he'd be witty and he used a real mutilation and trauma for rationale. Which is hypocritical. You cant use a kid going back to natural born state as analogy for kids transforming out of natural born state into mindmade. Has ZERO to do with today's society problem where kids with no physical trauma are confused(like 99.9% kids)and parents allowing them willy nilly on hormones and transformation. An episode like this will nothing but encourage it.
They need help and perspectve from all sides, which Star Trek was always good at, not Seth and his narrowminded encouragement that they are correct.

Last edited:
Really wish the thread for this episode was in the War Room.

It would be hilarious.

It's kind of crazy that this episode was probably shot last year, and looked like it was just a couple weeks ago with the topic of abortion. But the election stuff was basically 2016. lol

I was in the same boat - Seth McFarline's name is on it so it must be trash - biut I found it surprisingly good - it's nice to see ppl actually be ppl and not rigid like in the next gen

I like the bobot stuff

liar, you never been in a boat

It's nice that we have a ST surrogate.
But I still think it's bad there never was a series that took place after Voyager.

Back