Serra wouldn't enter ADCC finals?

i think his opponent was either a renzo student or friend, so I guess out of respect renzo didnt want him to fight him. It happens all the time when teammates or affiliates go to tournies it seems like

That's too bad. I would think as long as both parties are mature enough to handle it, some inter-team competition would be OK. But I guess on the other hand, you don't want to foster an atmosphere where teammates don't share techniques or moves, etc. because they're worried about competing against each other.

He was going to fight Marcio Feitosa who is the head instructor at Gracie Barra and pretty much Carlos Gracie Jr.'s right hand man. Renzo Gracie is Gracie Barra as well and a black belt under Carlos Gracie Jr.. I think that is one of the reasons why he stepped down. I think that its a respect thing since Matt Serra is Renzo's blackbelt.

I think teammates not grappling each other is stupid.

that's a great source you got that info from

I think teammates not grappling each other is stupid.

it can create an awkward training environment. teammates holding back and/or being poor training partners in attempts to gain the 1 up in case of a face-off. instead of competing amongst teammates you concede to the senior teammate. no negative effects in the gym as a result.

in this instance, I think it was more of a respect thing, though, as was already mentioned. bearcat was right on.

it can create an awkward training environment. teammates holding back and/or being poor training partners in attempts to gain the 1 up in case of a face-off. instead of competing amongst teammates you concede to the senior teammate. no negative effects in the gym as a result.

in this instance, I think it was more of a respect thing, though, as was already mentioned. bearcat was right on.

If people don't brin g thier A_game to training how can you evolve?

I don't think its fair to classify them as "teammates" its not like they trained together regularly and the size of Barra makes basically a huge # of grapplers your "team-mate"...

Thought, Serra probably didn't want to stir shit between Renzo and others.

If two people from the same gym won't compete against each other, then that gym should enter one guy. Use an in-house tourney to decide who is #1.

Thats just the thing, they arent from the same gym. They were from the same association. In this case, the association is just massive. All it means is the "senior" guys get to win by default even if they aren't the superior grappler.

its a respect thing... my master wont let us fight each other at tourneys so we flip a coin winner moves on

Back