Seriously, could Mir beat Bob Sapp at this point?

Mir isn't getting any easy matchups, people love to point out losses but not opponents

Bigfoot is no easy fight either

Ruan Potts would starch Bob Sapp in about 20 seconds.

Frank Mir could still beat 70% of the UFC HWs right now. He just has had such a high profile career in his division that he simply never gets an easy fight.

Sapp is beyond an easy fight. lol

This. Still an elite fighter. The disrespect he gets on sherdog is ridiculous.

No, Bob Sapp seriously. All you need to do to Sapp is land anything on him and he quits. He doesn't even need to be rocked, he just falls down and takes the L.

Aside from the fact I'd favor the breeze provided by a ceiling fan over Sapp, doesn't the UFC have a 265 lb. limit at HW?

He lost to JDS, DC, Barnett & Overeem.

99% of heavyweights would lose to that line-up, dumb thread OP you should feel bad

I don't like Mir's chances against Bigfoot. I think Arlovski was lucky to hit him hard early in the fight, just like Cormier or Cain (2). That seems to most effective way to win against Bigfoot.

Mir is way too slow and probably does not hit hard enough. Bigfoot's BJJ defense is solid enough to keep him out of trouble. In fact Mir is in trouble is Bigfoot gets the top position and starts GnP.

He lost to JDS, DC, Barnett & Overeem.

99% of heavyweights would lose to that line-up, dumb thread OP you should feel bad

I am pretty sure a much large percentage of HWs have beaten Overeem. The other three fighters are VERY tough to defeat. However, Mir cannot feel too confident after being dominated so many times in a row.

Frank Mir's last 4 fights

JDS
Cormier
Barnett
Overeem

That is brutal matchmaking

Mir would easily beat Sapp

I would take virtually any fighter in the UFC over Bob Sap, except for maybe some of the straw weights.

The thing with Mir is that they keep matching him against top 10 fighters.They should give him a guy like Gonzaga or Schaub.

I am pretty sure a much large percentage of HWs have beaten Overeem. The other three fighters are VERY tough to defeat. However, Mir cannot feel too confident after being dominated so many times in a row.

That's a good point! Although most of those fighters were losing to Overeem before catching him, also Mir only lost a decision to Overeem. I think Mir would have already retired if he wasn't paid so well for each fight.

What a beautiful utopia this is! Everyone defending Mir! Did the Jon Jones scandal break Sherdog and made it sane again, fulfilling the age old prophecy?

I don't think people are defending Mir as much as they are just cutting down the pure douchebaggery and retardation that is of TS's assertion.

Mir is, just quite simply, not THAT shit.

I don't like Mir's chances against Bigfoot. I think Arlovski was lucky to hit him hard early in the fight, just like Cormier or Cain (2). That seems to most effective way to win against Bigfoot.

Mir is way too slow and probably does not hit hard enough. Bigfoot's BJJ defense is solid enough to keep him out of trouble. In fact Mir is in trouble is Bigfoot gets the top position and starts GnP.

Are you saying Arlovski, Cain and Cormier were lucky against bigfoot?

No, I am saying Arlovski's best chance to win was to hit him with big punches early like Cain and Cormier. And he was lucky to be able to do that instead of fighting like in the Schaub fight.

Kinda what I was thinking. It's in no way, shape or form world class, but Frank's stand up game has improved since his heyday. Anyone that can throw a decent punch has a chance at beating Bigfoot.

I'm on the fence on this one. Somebody is probably getting KO'd. I see 'em standing and banging due to neither getting the other down, unless it's a knockdown follow up.

Back