Sergio Martinez Gives his Two Cents on Khan/maidana and Pac/ Marg

kingobould***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The current world champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC) at middleweight, Argentine Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez, is training in full swing in California for his anticipated rematch against Paul Williams on November 20 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. BoxingScene.com/NotiFight.com visited Martinez at the Power House Gym which is near the city of Oxnard, north of Los Angeles, to talk about his rematch with Williams, and other topics.

Are you in the best moment of your career Sergio?

"Yes, I think so. I'm at the top of boxing worl, and I think I've been at my best for a year and a half or so."

This time will you go for the knockout to leave no doubt?

"The first fight was a very tight decision, so in this second I'm going out to leave no doubts, and look to finish the fight as soon as possible."

Will you do something different in this second fight in relation to the first?

"I will be more aggressive. I think that was what I missed in the previous fight. I will look to fight with more determination."

With a guy as tall as him, will you go to the body to take away his legs?

"Yes, going to the body that is key in the fight, to work on his soft spots."

If you win, what do you see for the future?

"Just wait for another big fight, and I can tell you that in two or three fights I will retire from active boxing, because I want to do it while I'm at the top of the boxing world and in good shape."

Para tu edad, est

Nice little interview. I hope Maidana KO's Khan! Amir is the technician, but Marcos has a way of luring the better skilled fighter into his fight. When he fought the undefeated Cuban fighter Cayo, he lured the better fighter into a brawl and knocked him out with a great body shot. Khan needs to stay disciplined and Roach will try to make sure of it.

teh sexy is good.. if i aint rootin for a an aztec gotta show love for my south american brothas

Back