Serena Williams cries "discrimination" over drug testing

This is pretty much confirming her allegation that she's perceived differently because she's a female. She was out of line, just like lots of male tennis players have been out of line, but for some reason you are blaming hormonal imbalances from having children or steroids? Lol.

She can't just be a normal, entitled, professional athlete?

How stupid are you? She is perceived differently because she is very different. This isn't about vaginas and penises. This is about a woman who has CLEARLY made a career about abusing PEDs. She is Cyborg. Not only that, she holds the record for most outbursts and most smashed rackets. She is #1 for smashed rackets. She is different because she freaks out more than any other tennis player.

The 'penalty' for her coach cheating and sending her signals was simply a warning. It cost her NOTHING. Just a simple verbal warning. And. She. Freaked. OUT.

Why? Why did she freak out over a simple warning? Because she knew she couldn't win the match and she wanted to find an excuse. So she fought with the official. She went further and further into it and refused to quit. To the point where she lost a game. Then she went even further. She knew she could manipulate the media and become a 'victim.' So know because of our shit media she has an excuse for loss, even though she knew she couldn't win in a fair match.

It was horrible behavior by a horrible person and it had nothing to do with gender.

But go ahead and play the victim Olympics and excuse her horrendous cheating and behavior.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong person. LOL

How stupid are you? She is perceived differently because she is very different. This isn't about vaginas and penises. This is about a woman who has CLEARLY made a career about abusing PEDs. She is Cyborg.

I stopped reading here. Go take a walk and get some fresh air.

I don't really disagree with what anyone's saying. To disagree, I'd be splitting hairs. She was out of line, she should have been penalized in some way, she was penalized harshly (but perfectly within the rules), and then she went even further off the deep end.

I don't think the referee treated her differently because she's female. I do think the general public responds differently because she is a female. But she exacerbates that issue by claiming to be mistreated for being female.
I agree with everything you said. Except the highlighted part.

I think we'd be talking about this today even if Lebron was the athlete that did all this. And the same people and the same statements would be made here.

Perceived by whom?

And McEnroe was vilified in the press and generally seen in a poor light. His antics weren't lionized but made fun of.

He was still loved by New Yorkers at the US OPen. Looks like nothing has changed.

He was still loved by New Yorkers at the US OPen. Looks like nothing has changed.
If you weren't there for it you simply can't know.
McEnroe was seen exactly the same way. Vain, arrogant, disrespectful and whiny.
It's the same thing.
Except that I don't think McEnroe excused his behavior by pointing to isms.

I hope Serena moves to Chicago and converts to Islam so we can concentrate the source of this chickenshit white anxiety in one location.
How you blame this abuse of rhetoric and political sympathies on "white anxiety", and how you cannot see how deeply significant it is now that the liberal establishment has fully, openly embraced Serena on the back of this agenda is a mystery to me.

If you weren't there for it you simply can't know.
McEnroe was seen exactly the same way. Vain, arrogant, disrespectful and whiny.
It's the same thing.
Except that I don't think McEnroe excused his behavior by pointing to isms.

Actually I was there. He was vilified in Europe but as soon as he came back to the US Open he was cheered. Same goes for Connors' last runs at the US Open. He started on the officials from the beginning in an effort to sway calls later in the match. The only conclusion I can come to is that NY tennis fans are a group of complete cunts.

I don't remember whether this quote was about McEnroe or Connors (Connors i think) but after retirement they got a job with a network doing interviews as players walked off the court. Apparently not many people players wanted to talk to Connors. He was shocked and said to Bud Collins, "No one wants to talk to me. If i was that big of an asshole when i played then just shoot me now." To which Collins replied, "luckily for you no one has a gun handy".

Actually I was there. He was vilified in Europe but as soon as he came back to the US Open he was cheered. Same goes for Connors' last runs at the US Open. He started on the officials from the beginning in an effort to sway calls later in the match. The only conclusion I can come to is that NY tennis fans are a group of complete cunts.

I don't remember whether this quote was about McEnroe or Connors (Connors i think) but after retirement they got a job with a network doing interviews as players walked off the court. Apparently not many people players wanted to talk to Connors. He was shocked and said to Bud Collins, "No one wants to talk to me. If i was that big of an asshole when i played then just shoot me now." To which Collins replied, "luckily for you no one has a gun handy".
"People" may have cheered but in the press he was regarded as a jackass.
That's the way it was, even as a kid that's how I knew he was perceived.
To try to pretend that's not how it was is revisionist history.

He was EVENTUALLY able to rehab his image but it didn't happen overnight.

All Williams had to do here was congratulate Oksana and admit she was cheating and lied about it. Maybe laugh at herself, say it was the heat of the moment and she's a hardcore competitor.

That's all. People would be pleased with that as much as they were displeased by her ridiculous tantrum.

"People" may have cheered but in the press he was regarded as a jackass.
That's the way it was, even as a kid that's how I knew he was perceived.
To try to pretend that's not how it was is revisionist history.

He was EVENTUALLY able to rehab his image but it didn't happen overnight.

All Williams had to do here was congratulate Oksana and admit she was cheating and lied about it. Maybe laugh at herself, say it was the heat of the moment and she's a hardcore competitor.

That's all. People would be pleased with that as much as they were displeased by her ridiculous tantrum.

that's horseshit unless you unless you grew up in the UK. They definitely booed him at Wimbledon, but they cheered his comments to linesman at the US open after the "you cannot be serious" bit. He also made a mockery of a match against Miroslav Mercir (Sp?) when he was getting his ass kicked. I think it was in Dallas and fans cheered him there too.

that's horseshit unless you unless you grew up in the UK. They definitely booed him at Wimbledon, but they cheered his comments to linesman at the US open after the "you cannot be serious" bit. He also made a mockery of a match against Miroslav Mercir (Sp?) when he was getting his ass kicked. I think it was in Dallas and fans cheered him there too.
Who are you constantly calling they?

Who are you constantly calling they?

I thought it was clear by the location of cheers vs boos but I'll make it more clear:

that's horseshit unless you unless you grew up in the UK. They definitely booed him at Wimbledon, but the fans at the US open cheered McEnroe's outbursts and snide comments to linesman at the US open after the "you cannot be serious" bitat Wimbledon.

McEnroe also made a mockery of a match against Miroslav Mercir (Sp?) when he was getting his ass kicked (6-0). I think that was an indoor match in Dallas and fans cheered him there too.

I thought it was clear by the location of cheers vs boos but I'll make it more clear:

that's horseshit unless you unless you grew up in the UK. They definitely booed him at Wimbledon, but the fans at the US open cheered McEnroe's outbursts and snide comments to linesman at the US open after the "you cannot be serious" bitat Wimbledon.

McEnroe also made a mockery of a match against Miroslav Mercir (Sp?) when he was getting his ass kicked (6-0). I think that was an indoor match in Dallas and fans cheered him there too.
IN THE PRESS

THE PRESS

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS

Back