Ser Arthur Dayne is the GOAT

Robert is not low imho, even be in that list is a great achievement, considering who are the eight before him
I copy-paste it again to keep perspective

1 Arthur
2 Barristan
3 Jaime
4 Hound
5 Oberyn
6 Mountain
7 Garlan
8 Jon Umber
9 Robert
10 Loras

1-2 are said to be absolute top, 3 is the current best boy at some point of the books, 4-6 are monsters and 5 is the one that could have defeated one of them.
7 Garlan is said to be a very very vey good swordman, better than Loras who was elite too and without is his most evident weakness (being light)
8 GreatJon is the Zangief of that universe, for the characters we seen strenght wise is likely second only to the Mountain. Jaime thinks he's one of the strongest men around/worth to fight
GreatJon was essentially a bigger/heavier/stronger Robert

Then you got Robert, no shame have them before him i think

In his prime he was strong af but his only greatest achievement was defeat a great-but-maybe-not-top-10 knight (Rhaegar) and even there he got wounded... i think GRRM wanted show they were even matched, but Robert was the more motivated and best dog that day

Hound high, because hound is a monster, imho the closest to Jaime's spot... i still gave #3 to Jaime due talent/technique/speed/brain, but still Jaime in his own mind is impressed by his speed and aggressiveness, all while being a VERY big and muscle man

Jaime himself see both the Clegane as part of the very few men that could beat him in a fight
If was'nt for the Oberyn fight i will have done it #3 Jaime #4 Mountain-Hound
I don't think Jon Umber has many feats. He's huge yes, and arguably the 2nd strongest dude alive but I'm not sure how good he is. Garlan is very skilled, but not sure if he's good enough to beat Robert. Robert was fucking vicious man. Along with huge, and also very skilled.

I don't think Jon Umber has many feats. He's huge yes, and arguably the 2nd strongest dude alive but I'm not sure how good he is. Garlan is very skilled, but not sure if he's good enough to beat Robert. Robert was fucking vicious man. Along with huge, and also very skilled.

Robert has a GOAT argument too. In his prime there’s no shortage of descriptions of how badass and feared/respected he was as a fighter. He wasn’t into swords tho, he wielded a War Hammer on top of being a huge and powerful dude himself. Jaime thinks even older and fatter that he’s still no match for Robert strength wise. Baccos list has him too low imo, he’d fucking smash everyone in that list not named Arthur Dayne, and Barriston Selmy -and he’d have a chance to kill them too.

He beat Prince Rhaegar ffs who was a top dog fighter in his day that trained with Arthur Dayne, Selmy and others and bested many of the best of his time in tourneys.

It can be argued that Roberts choice of weapon gives him an edge in a fight because even blocking a strike from him can do serious damage. Fighting against him in an actual fight would mean you couldn’t let him touch you at all and I don’t think any fighter on these lists was that good.

Robert has a GOAT argument too. In his prime there’s no shortage of descriptions of how badass and feared/respected he was as a fighter. He wasn’t into swords tho, he wielded a War Hammer on top of being a huge and powerful dude himself. Jaime thinks even older and fatter that he’s still no match for Robert strength wise. Baccos list has him too low imo, he’d fucking smash everyone in that list not named Arthur Dayne, and Barriston Selmy -and he’d have a chance to kill them too.

He beat Prince Rhaegar ffs who was a top dog fighter in his day that trained with Arthur Dayne, Selmy and others and bested many of the best of his time in tourneys.

It can be argued that Roberts choice of weapon gives him an edge in a fight because even blocking a strike from him can do serious damage. Fighting against him in an actual fight would mean you couldn’t let him touch you at all and I don’t think any fighter on these lists was that good.
I think prime Robert could have been anywhere from 4 to 7 on that list. Prime Jaime was really good too, not that far below Selmy and Dayne. He'd have trouble with the Clegane bro's too due to their size, especially Gregor. Oberyn is really quick with a spear, so IDK. Hard to place exactly but definitely above Jon Umber and Garlan IMO.

I think prime Robert could have been anywhere from 4 to 7 on that list. Prime Jaime was really good too, not that far below Selmy and Dayne. He'd have trouble with the Clegane bro's too due to their size, especially Gregor. Oberyn is really quick with a spear, so IDK. Hard to place exactly but definitely above Jon Umber and Garlan IMO.

I think due to his size/strength combo and his choice of weapon he could kill anyone on the list. Styles make fights and that War Hammer wielded by a big strong fucker like Robert could fuck up anyone from the Mountain to Arthur Dayne.

Guy has tools that nobody else in the kingdom has.
targaryen-kingsguard-tower-of-joy-arther-daynepng.png

Has only one loss via RNC and it probably should have been a DQ
main-qimg-99b9d4fc8c9ffa34822561b152608d98

Professional MMA Record:

W Lord William Dustin 283 AC Tower of Joy
W Lord Mark Ryswell 283 AC Tower of Joy
W Lord Martyn Cassel 283 AC Tower of Joy
W Smiling Knight 281 AC Battle of the Kingswood Brotherhood

Ok, I am talking BOOKS here... In the BOOKS the HOUND is the goat. Dayne and guys you hear in legends and stories BUT we do not see it. "On Screen" evidence points to The Hound being the GOAT. He saved Sansa's maidenhead from a mob of pedophiles listening to Beat It ffs!!! Let's not forget about killing motherfuckers whilst drinking a flagon of wine with Arya.

I think due to his size/strength combo and his choice of weapon he could kill anyone on the list. Styles make fights and that War Hammer wielded by a big strong fucker like Robert could fuck up anyone from the Mountain to Arthur Dayne.

War Hammers were specifically invented to fuck up fully armoured knights. It was difficult to land a kill shot with a sword, because the plate armour was designed to cause the blade to glance off. You had to attack the weak points like the joints, groin etc. And of course a fully trained knight was skilled at defending those areas while doing the same to you.

By contrast, it didn't matter where you landed with a war hammer; you caused damage. A blow to the arm or leg would break bone even through armour. I believe many war hammers were double-headed. The actual hammer head was used to cripple the opponent and bring him down. The other head had a spike, and once the enemy was on the ground, that was used to deliver the kill shot.

War Hammers were specifically invented to fuck up fully armoured knights. It was difficult to land a kill shot with a sword, because the plate armour was designed to cause the blade to glance off. You had to attack the weak points like the joints, groin etc. And of course a fully trained knight was skilled at defending those areas while doing the same to you.

By contrast, it didn't matter where you landed with a war hammer; you caused damage. A blow to the arm or leg would break bone even through armour. I believe many war hammers were double-headed. The actual hammer head was used to cripple the opponent and bring him down. The other head had a spike, and once the enemy was on the ground, that was used to deliver the kill shot.

Add to all this the fact that we’re talking about a semi-mythical fictional character and you have a recipe for getting that ass beat.

Prime Robert was no joke, and everyone from Jaime Lannister (who despises him) to Ser Barriston respected him as a fighter/warrior. Robert could have killed anyone in single combat you can think of in these books. He was an intimidating and respected figure as a fighter, that is never once in question by any other character.

Like I said earlier, he destroyed Rhaegar in combat -that shit was shocking to everyone that was there. Other characters in the book recall that ass whupin being like ‘the fuck, holy shit..’ Rhaegar was no joke and had bested plenty of other fighters and trained his whole life with some of the greatest who ever lived. And Robert walked right through him and brought Rhaegars army to its knees.

Robert Baratheon was a bad motherfucker. Jaime is afraid of him ffs lol

I think the whole thing for Robert as a fighter is his motivation.. against the very best fighters like Dayne and Selmy an average quarrel over something random Robert loses to them..

..but kidnap the love of his life and he becomes the fucking Juggernaut and fucks up 5 Arthur Daynes standing next to 10 Barriston Selmy’s.

I look at it this way, Selmy was about as honorable a man as there is -he loved Rhaegar like a brother and I’m sure would have had no issue taking the L and losing his life after that battle was over. But after seeing what Robert was actually capable of as a warrior and in his own way an honorable dude, Selmy chose to swear fealty to him even tho he just got done caving his boys chest in. Selmy doesn’t do that if Roberts a bitch that Selmy doesn’t consider an equal.

I think the whole thing for Robert as a fighter is his motivation.. against the very best fighters like Dayne and Selmy an average quarrel over something random Robert loses to them..

..but kidnap the love of his life and he becomes the fucking Juggernaut and fucks up 5 Arthur Daynes standing next to 10 Barriston Selmy’s.

I look at it this way, Selmy was about as honorable a man as there is -he loved Rhaegar like a brother and I’m sure would have had no issue taking the L and losing his life after that battle was over. But after seeing what Robert was actually capable of as a warrior and in his own way an honorable dude, Selmy chose to swear fealty to him even tho he just got done caving his boys chest in. Selmy doesn’t do that if Roberts a bitch that Selmy doesn’t consider an equal.

Nah i think robert got nothing on dayne and selmy beats him 8/10 times

Robert vs dayne is like lesnar vs cain

But prime robert is no joke

Jaime himself considered GreatJon one of the best fighters around, thinking who can possibly beat him

As feats again, the red wedding thing was was one of the most crazy feats in the books.

Garlan Is supposed to be crazy good with a sword... Loras himself (who i got at 10) has been compared to a young Jaime for how skilled/talented he is(Jaime disagree), and Garlan is supposed to be way better: bigger, stronger and much better swordman who train 1 vs 3-4 opponents as routine
What he lacks is feats in the books, but i chosen to not ignore the short description Martin gave us... If Loras Is worthy of the top10, he's worthy too and higher while at it

Nah i think robert got nothing on dayne and selmy beats him 8/10 times

Robert vs dayne is like lesnar vs cain

But prime robert is no joke

lol

Put either Dayne or Selmy in between Robert and Lyanna Stark and Robert puts those motherfuckers on blast and wears their faces like Buffalo Bill wore fat bitches skin.

People act like Robert was nothing but a mindless brute with no skill that just overpowered people to win fights. Dude smoked Rhaegar like a joint at a frat party on the battlefield in front of Barriston Selmy who trained everyday with Rhaegar and had him bending the knee after he did it.

Any great fighter in the history of that world has no better than a 50/50 shot over that version of Bobby.

Any other day I’d agree that Selmy/Arthur>>>Robert. But not with what was at stake. Robert became a revered legend because of that shit and was already well respected and even feared by most fighters in his day.

Like I said: Jaime was legit afraid of Robert, and it wasn’t simply based off of him being the King. Jaime knew even fat out of shape Robert had more than a punchers chance against him.

lol

Put either Dayne or Selmy in between Robert and Lyanna Stark and Robert puts those motherfuckers on blast and wears their faces like Buffalo Bill wore fat bitches skin.

People act like Robert was nothing but a mindless brute with no skill that just overpowered people to win fights. Dude smoked Rhaegar like a joint at a frat party on the battlefield in front of Barriston Selmy who trained everyday with Rhaegar and had him bending the knee after he did it.

Any great fighter in the history of that world has no better than a 50/50 shot over that version of Bobby.

Any other day I’d agree that Selmy/Arthur>>>Robert. But not with what was at stake. Robert became a revered legend because of that shit and was already well respected and even feared by most fighters in his day.

Like I said: Jaime was legit afraid of Robert, and it wasn’t simply based off of him being the King. Jaime knew even fat out of shape Robert had more than a punchers chance against him.

The fat fuck really should write roberts rebellion book since he doesnt want to finish the main ones

Would answer our questions lol

(Still think that he has nothing for dayne though)

lol

i doubt he truly gave a shit about lyanna stark

(Still think that he has nothing for dayne though)

Agreed -if Robert doesn’t have anything to fight for.

If motivated, I think it’s 50/50 with an edge in skill going to Dayne, size and power going to Robert and weapon of choice I think favors Robert too. ‘Dawn’ is a legendary sword, but Dawn can’t smash thru armor -a war hammer swung by a powerful dude can.

Agreed -if Robert doesn’t have anything to fight for.

If motivated, I think it’s 50/50 with an edge in skill going to Dayne, size and power going to Robert and weapon of choice I think favors Robert too. ‘Dawn’ is a legendary sword, but Dawn can’t smash thru armor -a war hammer swung by a powerful dude can.

I actually imagined it going something like that bronns fight against the knight in the trial by combat

Dayne jumping around dodging the hammer and then just countering (dawn probably will go through armor)

But robert has that one shot kill power so he cant be counted out

Anyway who the fuck knows since the fat fuck doesnt write books

I actually imagined it going something like that bronns fight against the knight in the trial by combat

Dayne jumping around dodging the hammer and then just countering (dawn probably will go through armor)

But robert has that one shot kill power so he cant be counted out

Anyway who the fuck knows since the fat fuck doesnt write books

Dawn will not go thru armor. Dawn is well balanced and very strong and can chip/break lesser swords but it cannot cut thru thick armor and so on.

Back