Crime Sen. Kelly Loeffler Sold Millions in Stock After Coronavirus Briefing

Fuck any of them that profited off this info.... unfortunately for us nothing will come of it

how is anyone on sherdog going to know what information was conveyed at that meeting
jyZTML8T5L4xywzuk83W4TNa9VKDy4SU4LyGtvsstMStmWm6_4Fg0QgttiyIWf-qlATiYhPoaVoRLx0x1JshgupxIggDZ-d0c7BC_8Fa5KNMze0q-YQPiH3xwHaM7Y4Xil30si4znPKBw__4OdOD9KvywOaJg2_lRdk

If they don't know and can't reproduce what was conveyed at the meeting how can they posit with certainty that a law was broken? Yet this is exactly what has been asserted.

<TheDonald>

Self-ownage is always the best ownage.

That could be a plausible excuse if not for the fact that she made no stock sales since being sworn into office until immediately following the briefing.

She is also facing opposition from within the party, including a close ally of Trump:

That was like two weeks of no trading, a bit of a stretch to conspire a grandiose scheme. Maybe her handlers were on vacation? Purely speculation.

Doug is speculation, bad optics, doesn’t automatically make you guilty. Stocks will always be someone profiting off the lots of others. I got in some shares recently, I’ll be profiting as much as I can, is normal

jyZTML8T5L4xywzuk83W4TNa9VKDy4SU4LyGtvsstMStmWm6_4Fg0QgttiyIWf-qlATiYhPoaVoRLx0x1JshgupxIggDZ-d0c7BC_8Fa5KNMze0q-YQPiH3xwHaM7Y4Xil30si4znPKBw__4OdOD9KvywOaJg2_lRdk

If they don't know and can't reproduce what was conveyed at the meeting how can they posit with certainty that a law was broken? Yet this is exactly what has been asserted.

<TheDonald>

yeah...self ownage is the best if you have the need to gloat and pretend you didnt catch what the person was talking about just so you could make a point to them that they were wording something wrongly....instead of just saying ...hey man....youre wording that wrongly....its obvious that there needs some oversight investigation into these matters.......thats all that really matters no matter how someone speaks of it "get the torches and pitchforks!" kind of thing, we all know the person bringing it up isnt on some commission/jury so of course they arent going to be convicting or even investigating the people.....so why come at them like this is a court of law....its a sherdog thread....

yeah...self ownage is the best if you have the need to gloat and pretend you didnt catch what the person was talking about just so you could make a point to them that they were wording something wrongly....instead of just saying ...hey man....youre wording that wrongly....its obvious that there needs some oversight investigation into these matters.......thats all that really matters no matter how someone speaks of it "get the torches and pitchforks!" kind of thing, we all know the person bringing it up isnt on some commission/jury so of course they arent going to be convicting or even investigating the people.....so why come at them like this is a court of law....its a sherdog thread....
Concession accepted.

I really have no idea what insider trading even means. Is there a good definition out there?

This isn't non-public information - people have been tweeting about this coronavirus since way early on, experts sharing their expert opinion with Congress is not material, non-public information. Technically, any member of the public could have found their own experts and obtained similar information.

The only issue here is with the one GOP Senator that downplayed the virus, got the briefing, dumped stock, and then remained silent instead of sounding the alarm. And this isn't even a legal issue, it's more of a moral / democratic issue.
No, "any member of the public" did not have access to the information presented at that meeting. The markets were still churning along healthily at that time, and would continue to do so for a few more weeks.

Insider trading is notoriously hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court, even with egregious violations. I've read that most prosecutions rely on tangential charges like obstruction of justice rather than proving direct complicity in insider trading.

That was like two weeks of no trading, a bit of a stretch to conspire a grandiose scheme. Maybe her handlers were on vacation? Purely speculation.

Doug is speculation, bad optics, doesn’t automatically make you guilty. Stocks will always be someone profiting off the lots of others. I got in some shares recently, I’ll be profiting as much as I can, is normal
Right, so under a proper investigation a forensics accountant would scrutinize her trades before taking office to find anomalies from her usual behavior.

And your trades are acting on public knowledge. You have no special advantage when you make your plays, unlike the senators at that meeting.

<TheDonald>

I'm pretty sure that people are less concerned with the idea that actual laws were or were not broken, and more troubled by the ethical behavior of people who are supposed to be public servants.

Hitler didn't break any of his own laws either. It really doesn't tell us much about him when the law is only as perfect as the men who write it.

By far the largest executive seller was Amazon. AMZN 1.96% com Inc. Chief Executive Jeffrey Bezos, who sold a total of $3.4 billion in Amazon AMZN 1.96% shares in the first week of February, shortly before the stock market peaked, allowing him to avoid paper losses of roughly $317 million if he had held the stock through March 20, according to the Journal analysis.

The sales represented roughly 3% of Mr. Bezos’s Amazon holdings, according to the most recently available regulatory filings. He sold almost as much stock during the first week in February as he sold during the previous 12 months.

Amazon didn’t immediately provide a comment on behalf of Mr. Bezos.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/bezos-other-corporate-executives-sold-shares-just-in-time-11585042204

By far the largest executive seller was Amazon. AMZN 1.96% com Inc. Chief Executive Jeffrey Bezos, who sold a total of $3.4 billion in Amazon AMZN 1.96% shares in the first week of February, shortly before the stock market peaked, allowing him to avoid paper losses of roughly $317 million if he had held the stock through March 20, according to the Journal analysis.

The sales represented roughly 3% of Mr. Bezos’s Amazon holdings, according to the most recently available regulatory filings. He sold almost as much stock during the first week in February as he sold during the previous 12 months.

Amazon didn’t immediately provide a comment on behalf of Mr. Bezos.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/bezos-other-corporate-executives-sold-shares-just-in-time-11585042204
Last time I checked unless something changed, Bezos is not an elected official.
I sold stock in February as well, but the difference between me and Leoffler is I did not call the virus a hoax and say everything was fine after my sale.
They way she was selling stock, makes her a fucking hypocrite.
The ones I sold I did because I heard they stopped production because of the virus in China. I knew that would cause a supply shortage.

She definitely should have left it in, and lost everything, just to appease jealous leftists.
You fucking retard, she traded it on privy information, its insider trading.

Some of you people are stupid, you would defend anything in the name of Trump and his grifters.

Bumping this to remind people how much of a shithead Loeffler and Perdue is

Both are running again for the Senate and if they win, Bitch McConnell remains majority leader and there will be no stimulus package.

Both are running again for the Senate and if they win, Bitch McConnell remains majority leader and there will be no stimulus package.

There would have been a stimulus package already if Pelosi and her crew did not try to sneak in payments for illegals and a bunch of other fluff to help her side buy votes.

Congress determined that it isn't insider trading if they do it, only if you do it.

I think this is one of the funds they don't control and have people that make the trades for them. "Blind" holdings. So it would be meaningless.
They have a LOT of money, so they have people managing funds for them.
Loeffler. Which makes it a non-story, in other words. Professionals they pay to manage some of their money made some moves that saved them or made them some money. Is normal.

I would have advised not using an Obama video because that will trigger the Trumpsters. They will go on an on about trades having no input from Senators profiting from info.

I'm gonna vote for them again anyway...i figure we need to keep checks and balances in our gov't...Especially on regards to greed and corruption

Back