News Self-check-out sucks

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wife and I went to CVS to buy a few things that we like to stock up on (paper towels, Metamucil, toilet paper...exciting and youthful stuff) and the CVS near Compound Greed (previously Compound Red before I went Plat) only has self-check-out and you need to ring a bell if you want a real cashier. They are out roaming the store tagging every single item on sale or something. The whole store is on sale and you need to do calculus to figure out how to save. Don't even get me going on the length of the receipts you get there.

Ok, where were we? Ah yes! Self-check-out. We get to the check-out and we have two big packs of Bounty (I got a promotion so we never skimp here) and 4 Metamucil tubs along with a big pack of toilet paper. The bagging area has bags that hold one bottle of shampoo and then you pretty much need a new bag. When you scan the Bounty, you can hit "skip bagging" on the screen and set it in the cart. If you do that twice, it causes an error and the associate needs to override it. That happened twice with the paper towels and toilet paper and the girl was in some CVS ether and she didn't answer the bell.
QSwa.gif

It took an extra 10 minutes to get outta there and I'm saying it now; self-check-out is the worst thing to happen to our modern society. Now they have me scanning and bagging with no savings to me either. At least make it so I get free shit.

Cliffs: Read it all!!!!

JK Cliffs: CVS self-check-out is bull shark and I don't like technology. You kids get off my lawn!!!

it sucks in the 'getting used to it' stage and I did hate it at first.

It is far better though once you really know how to use it properly and don't need people to come fix errors.

People in the future will be amazed we had any check out lines as everything in the cart will just be scanned (ala airport like scanner) in one big zap and automatically charged to your credit card. So as you walk around you bag your stuff and just leave. No such thing as any form of 'checkout'.

it sucks in the 'getting used to it' stage and I did hate it at first.

It is far better though once you really know how to use it properly and don't need people to come fix errors.

People in the future will be amazed we had any check out lines as everything in the cart will just be scanned (ala airport like scanner) in one big zap and automatically charged to your credit card. So as you walk around you bag your stuff and just leave. No such thing as any form of 'checkout'.

The manufacturers design the systems to pop out errors for oversight. It's all rubbish!!!

I like it for a few items. Cart full of stuff let them scan and bag it.

Yup. You use way less toilet paper on Metamucil.
Ghost status...you know the deal.
I like it for a few items. Cart full of stuff let them scan and bag it.

I wish this was an option at CVS. They hide somewhere probably laughing at all the rubes getting errors. The guy using the machine next to us? Error.

Tagging and Bagging: This time it's Personal

That could be an improved thread title from the current one possibly, I am sorry for your inconvenience I hope you have some nice poos.

The manufacturers design the systems to pop out errors for oversight. It's all rubbish!!!
Bro you can enjoy this

25540236-8074833-image-a-54_1583347403507.jpg

While I hit these.

Self-Checkout-Loss.jpg

The number of times I have seen long check out lines at the cashier while self checkout remain empty, warms my heart.

I hope everyone fights the self check out as long as possible, leaving me that lane to get out quick,

Tagging and Bagging: This time it's Personal

That could be an improved thread title from the current one possibly, I am sorry for your inconvenience I hope you have some nice poos.

Great poos, thanks for your kind words.

Bro you can enjoy this

25540236-8074833-image-a-54_1583347403507.jpg

While I hit these.

Self-Checkout-Loss.jpg

The number of times I have seen long check out lines at the cashier while self checkout remain empty, warms my heart.

I hope everyone fights the self check out as long as possible, leaving me that lane to get out quick,

This is the attractive sultry whore that is self-check-out. "Come over to me and drop your items in me." she beckoned. I'm a married man and I occasionally drop my items in one woman!!!

Rough times meant I had to access my cash savings. All the bills are in great shape, but of an older generation.

Went through self checkout and the machines will not accept any of them. Get a cashier to help, they get a manager who thinks I'm using counterfit bills. They try to keep my hundred as "evidence" so I let them have it and took my cart full of shit out the store. Random other employee tried to stop me from leaving, so I had to force my way past him. That led to them calling the cops, and me having a warrant for shoplifting. Finally got that shit sorted after wasting a ton of my time lmao.

Rough times meant I had to access my cash savings. All the bills are in great shape, but of an older generation.

Went through self checkout and the machines will not accept any of them. Get a cashier to help, they get a manager who thinks I'm using counterfit bills. They try to keep my hundred as "evidence" so I let them have it and took my cart full of shit out the store. Random other employee tried to stop me from leaving, so I had to force my way past him. That led to them calling the cops, and me having a warrant for shoplifting. Finally got that shit sorted after wasting a ton of my time lmao.

LOL this feels like an old Nic Cage tale.

Back