Selecting a new gi

steeleju

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey sherdog, I am deciding to get a new gi and need some feedback, I am looking for a high quality gold weave. I don't care about the price.

Hey sherdog, I am deciding to get a new gi and need some feedback, I am looking for a high quality gold weave. I don't care about the price.

It's not a gold weave, but it's the best bjj gi I have ever owned - Fushida Komodo. It's called double, but it's not super heavy, it is light and stiff.

I own a Padilla and Son's Gold Weave. It was my first Gi. As far as quality it was great, however I got it a couple years ago and the cut my more of a judo cut. From what I hear they have tightened up their cuts and the sleeves and body as not as baggy. It's a cheap quality option.

I also own 3 Atama Mundial Gi's. I love these and its probably the only Gi I will buy from here on out unless I can get a shoyoroll that I like (just to say I own one).

I own a Padilla and Son's Gold Weave. It was my first Gi. As far as quality it was great, however I got it a couple years ago and the cut my more of a judo cut. From what I hear they have tightened up their cuts and the sleeves and body as not as baggy. It's a cheap quality option.

I also own 3 Atama Mundial Gi's. I love these and its probably the only Gi I will buy from here on out unless I can get a shoyoroll that I like (just to say I own one).

Have you had trouble with your mundail gi with it's stiffeness? I have used mine for a month, 6 times a week and it is still like sandpaper, and tumble drying it doesn't help to much.

My Gi feels just like everyone else in class.

I wash it after each use and throw it in the dryer. When I put it on at the start of class its a bit stiff, but after a couple mins of drilling it softens right up.

The only Gi's that I have felt that are soft are some of the light weight summer Atama Gi's that a lot of guys have at our gym.

I like my Mundial and never once have I had anyone say my Gi was rough or stiff.

Back