Selecting a new gi

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by steeleju, Sep 25, 2010.

1. steeleju

steeleju Orange Belt

Hey sherdog, I am deciding to get a new gi and need some feedback, I am looking for a high quality gold weave. I don't care about the price.

2. ShindoNinja

ShindoNinja faixa marrom

It's not a gold weave, but it's the best bjj gi I have ever owned - Fushida Komodo. It's called double, but it's not super heavy, it is light and stiff.

3. Easto

Easto Green Belt

I own a Padilla and Son's Gold Weave. It was my first Gi. As far as quality it was great, however I got it a couple years ago and the cut my more of a judo cut. From what I hear they have tightened up their cuts and the sleeves and body as not as baggy. It's a cheap quality option.

I also own 3 Atama Mundial Gi's. I love these and its probably the only Gi I will buy from here on out unless I can get a shoyoroll that I like (just to say I own one).

4. steeleju

steeleju Orange Belt

Have you had trouble with your mundail gi with it's stiffeness? I have used mine for a month, 6 times a week and it is still like sandpaper, and tumble drying it doesn't help to much.

5. pl4zm4

pl4zm4 White Belt

6. Easto

Easto Green Belt

My Gi feels just like everyone else in class.

I wash it after each use and throw it in the dryer. When I put it on at the start of class its a bit stiff, but after a couple mins of drilling it softens right up.

The only Gi's that I have felt that are soft are some of the light weight summer Atama Gi's that a lot of guys have at our gym.

I like my Mundial and never once have I had anyone say my Gi was rough or stiff.