Television Seinfeld: Susan's Death...

Her parents got their revenge

Him getting into a game of chicken with the parents over refusing to admit that he didn’t have a place in the Hamptons was so petty and hilarious.

love Dreyfus’ delivery too.

“I told them you didn’t. Then I laughed and laughed.”

C'mon guys, see the big picture. It got George out of having to marry Susan. And it was the catalyst for the Summer of George. It was unfortunate, but not without silver linings.
In what way is that the big picture? That’s the only picture.

lol. I liked Friends but it really can’t hold a candle to Sein in my opinion.

Seinfeld is GOAT sitcom and I’m not even sure it’s particularly close.

Friends is fun but I’d rank Cheers, Frasier, The Office above it.

Friends is hot garbage but that's not really what I am asking with that question.

That question asks which is better.

Apart from the amount of canned laughter or number of hot chicks; there is no metric by which Friends is better than Seinfeld.

The darkest part is when Elaine goes “I’m so sorry, George.” Like she knows he’s kinda happy she’s dead because he didn’t want to marry her but she doesn’t know what else to say. So morbid and I love it.

I'm watching that episode right now and I felt that ending was weird as hell. What did you guys think about it?

That they wanted to get rid of that character without too much ado ?

completely agree. I mean I think Alexander is terrific but that’s what I never got about his argument there. The incompatible nature of the two was the essence of the dynamic and made it all the more hilarious. I think of the episode where he gets pissed when she changes the subject as he talks about stalls going all the way to the floor. His internal monologue (I’m marrying this woman? She doesn’t even like me.”

haha

And when he says that on the worlds collide episode that the others finally saw what he was talking about: AGAIN- the lack of connection between her, Jerry and Elaine is the bit. They end up getting on each other’s nerves big time. So them not gelling per se almost seems like the pt.

I don’t think most of you are getting his point.........it wasn’t fun working with her and it was stressing him out professionally.
Acting is a creative endeavour and if one of the main stars isn’t "feeling" it........this isn’t one of those "we’ll just suck it up" things.

This has turned out to be an excellent thread. I've read every post. Well done boys.
{<redford}

Meh. Helen, Jerry, and Kramer didn't really know Susan so I didn't find their reaction that cold.

Back