Seated Half Guard Sweep

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by jrock89, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jrock89

jrock89 Orange Belt

Does anyone know the half guard sweep where your opponent knee is up and you grab their ankles and you basically sit up with them? I think its called the Seated Half Guard sweep but I can't find anything on youtube with that sweep. Sorry for the crappy description

2. nerraw

nerraw White Belt

The only one I can think of is to grab the pantleg of the leg that has the knee up, grab the lapel on the other side, and then sort of rock forward. Nothing fancy, although if you're sitting up it isn't really considered a half guard sweep anymore.

3. sha

sha Geekjitsu Black Belt

I think it's called the single leg…

4. Proteus900

Proteus900 Blue Belt

Iused the one you're thinking of a lot when I was still rolling regularly, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. If you just do a search for Half-guard sweeps I'm sure it will be in there somewhere.

Just a tip if you can you're better off grabbing the ankle and a collar tie than the pantleg and lapel.

5. kahyo

kahyo Orange Belt

6. RubberRyan

RubberRyan Blue Belt

im thinking of a leg curl sweep from deep halfguard that looks like youre sitting up as you're sweeping

7. Uncle Skippy

Uncle Skippy White Belt

Here is one that can be set up from half-guard. The left foot can be behind their ankle as well.

YouTube - Hook Sweep when threatened with inside Knee-through Pass

Here is a variation going the other direction:

YouTube - De La Riva Basic Sweep

Note that this is uses the De La Riva hook, but can still be utilize from half guard if your bottom leg is not pinned. If they are transitioning or their leg is up, your bottom leg will be free if you address grips properly. Controlling the near-side arm helps to increase the percentage of success (take away their posting arm).

Both of these border on butterfly guard and De La Riva guard though and probably aren't exactly what you're looking for. :p

8. mcah5

mcah5 White Belt

9. mcah5

mcah5 White Belt