Sean Strickland

He looked good last night. I was impressed by him a few years ago but then he fell off the grid. Seems to be a solid fighter. He gives me douche vibes though. He kept saying how much better than Brady he is and how he’s better at literally everything iin his post fight interview with Heidi.

Get him a ranked opponent ASAP imo. I'm very high on Brendan Allen and he easily beat the shit out of him.

Omari Akhmedov would work for me.

I believe that it is possible if he will work hard in the current season

The guy made me a fan. I never really liked him because I felt that Luke Barnatt got robbed in their fight, but that’s not his fault, and he comes to bang now, but back then he had more of a point fighting style. It’s hard not to be a fan considering what he’s been through in the last few years, and he truly believes he can be champion. I think he’s a future contender

He gets a ton of credit because of the whole "accident thing" and he deserves it, it's not easy to come back to the top level after something like that. Apparently he wants to keep busy and doesn't look out sized at MW, he looks slow so I don't think a cut to WW is the best idea. Match him up vs Edmen and see if he can get a bit of notoriety. I think he hovers just outside the top 10 or makes his way into the top 10 for a bit.

Strickland vs Jotko/Shahbazyan would make sense.

A bit slow but he sticks them well. If he could add some snap to the way he extends strong through his punches, he would be very dangerous. He already is but he’s taking his time.

He has a telephone pole style of punching for sure, just has to throw with a little more snap. He’s good
He keeps em a little low though, I kept expecting him to catch one the chin when he was moving back with it up in the air. Till he started putting it on him anyhow. Hopefully he buttons the defense up a little and keeps trucking forward. I liked his punching style. Idk that he really needs more snap on them, they were doing serious damage. If he has the cardio for it though, why not

He's always seemed to me like a guy who was very talented, but fought at his opponents level for some reason. Similar to how Masvidal used to be back in the day with allowing fights to be much closer than they should have been. In his last two fights though he's seemed to have much more aggression.
He's a legit stupid person is the thing. Athletically he's super solid, but he's as dumb as a fucking rock IRL.

He seems to have hit his stride at MW besides giving up an obvious size disadvantage, seems durable, with good fundamentals, with excellent controlled aggression and very linear power shots. Looking at his losses at WW, he dropped decisions to Usman and Ponzi, no shame in that, he just got caught in his last loss. He may end up being able to make waves in MW similar to Kelvin, or Till, if he was infact cutting too much weight, especially considering that MW is devoid of any dominant wrestlers who I think he would struggle with. He is definitely one I will tune into watch going forward, the guy puts together entertaining fights.

He keeps em a little low though, I kept expecting him to catch one the chin when he was moving back with it up in the air. Till he started putting it on him anyhow. Hopefully he buttons the defense up a little and keeps trucking forward. I liked his punching style. Idk that he really needs more snap on them, they were doing serious damage. If he has the cardio for it though, why not
Like almost every mma fighter, he was going straight backward and retreating from his opponents offense as opposed to circling or change an angle. It’s not defense, it’s retreat. Hate that shit but it’s so common in the ufc. I think he has the skill but he’s still working on executing it in real time.

I say snap because he was a little slow. If he can get them there a little quicker he’ll be a lot more dangerous. Doesn’t take a ton more energy. He was relaxed but too relaxed imo. Top Middleweights are pretty quick compared to him

Mmmm IDK. He has serious power but is otherwise a bum.fringe top 10 if that.

I wish he'd keep his mouth shut.. But good fighter none the less, maybe he'll play a villain pretty well and garner some attention that way.

He looked very impressive actually, Allen's a good MW and he looked like an amateur in there. Strickland will never be a top cotnender but I do think he deserves a bigger fight next, someone like Jotko or Brunson.

Back