Media Sean Strickland plans on testing his standup against Israel Adesanya

Solid plan, or should Sean get his wrestling shoes ready?

• Total voters
Even if he wrestles it will be a very hard fight. By far the most likely outcome in either case is Adesanya winning by decision.

I mean, that's pretty much Sean's bread and butter.

Problem is, he's bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight with Izzy.

His biggest weapon is his jab and an occasional right hand. Pressure.

Izzy has a full arsenal of hands, kicks, knees, etc...And also has an extended reach on Strickland.

I would absolutely love to see Sean win the strap, for the meltdown and politically incorrect verbage coming from him alone, but I just don't see how he can beat Adesanya in a striking match.

UFC offering more than just a beatdown this fight.

Fans will witness how low the UFC will go to provide fight entertainment to the masses (streamers) as well as those who buy the PPV.

Yeah, I'll be watching -- but I'm not proud of myself...

That worked really well against Pereira, so why not use that game plan.
funny-fight.gif

you-will-lose-mean.gif

Unless sean gets kod this will be a boring fight. People will blame izzy. Itll be because of sea

Well he really has no choice.

Unlike Alex, Izzy has proven to have elite TDD and he also proven that he has great defensive BJJ and is great at getting back up to his feet.

Sean has no choice but to stand and bang and frankly it’s best shot to win
Izzy's TDD has served him well, but I wouldn't say it's elite. He's never had to face an elite wrestler since there really aren't any, except for like Bo or Khamzat.

Last edited:
This feels oddly familiar…
Didn’t he say he was going to test his standup against peireira?….oh yeah

but to be fair I don’t think Stricklands got the wrestling to take Izzy down and control him successfully. I’d say his best chance is do what he does well and not waste time or energy trying new shit.

yeah right. he'll try it for however long it takes before he starts getting his ass kicked in the standup, whether it's 1 round or 2 or whatever, then he'll switch to panic wrestling. if he tries to jab izzy for 5 rounds he's either going to get schooled or it's going to be a dance-off, depending on how aggressive izzy is feeling.

Back