Media Sean Strickland believes he won the fight, says headbutt helped DDP | Dricus reacts

Who deserved to win?

• Total voters
I think this could be true. Strickland arguably won even with this. I was actually 60 percent expecting Strickland to keep the belt.

That was a lame ass fight. Just like the Cannonier fight, Strickland showed no counter striking. DDP is just weird but I respect him for still throwing heavy in the 5th and he deserved the win.

DDP won because he deservingly won.

Strickland is not gsp or jon so they wont automatically give him the belt in a split decision
Jon nor GSP went to split decisions only throwing 1 type of strike for 25 minutes and no grappling

How people can act like round 1 was clearly Hendricks' round just blows my mind.

In boxing they would be much more understanding of how big of a deal a head clash causing that cut would be
The clash didn't cause the cut, it opened the existing cut more from the right hand. The head clash wasn't even that hard so IMO it was just a matter of time before it would have opened more.

This. And it's really clear in the reply that his eye was fine, he eats an unintentional headbutt, then immediately his eye starts pouring blood.
The eye was cut from a right hand before the head clash that didn't even look that hard. Any decent strike to that eye after the right hand would have opened the cut more IMO.

I mean, he's not wrong, but it doesn't feel like he was right. Yes, he got a fight altering cut from a headbutt. No, that wasn't his biggest issue in the fight.
The cut was the there before the head clash. There's gifs showing a right hand from DDP cause the cut.

The cut was the there before the head clash. There's gifs showing a right hand from DDP cause the cut.
I've watched it a few times and can't see it before the headbutt. Doesn't matter at this point.

It was the 4th. I just got done rewatching the fight. Cruz praised DDP for landing an elbow opening up the cut when it was clearly a headbutt.
Lol, you and Cruz are both wrong. It was a right hand from DDP that started the cut.

I've watched it a few times and can't see it before the headbutt. Doesn't matter at this point.
There's slow motion gifs and videos as well that show the cut started from a right hand. Hard to tell if the elbow or head clash after opened it more since you don't see his face between the elbow landing and the head clash. Could have been either of them that made the cut worse.

The clash didn't cause the cut, it opened the existing cut more from the right hand. The head clash wasn't even that hard so IMO it was just a matter of time before it would have opened more.

Really? I feel like to be able to make that claim you would have a close up 4k footage in slow-mo of Sean's face the entire fight

What we can clearly see is headbutt = blood right afterwards

but ur telling me that a punch caused that cut which you can see? got any gifs or can direct me o a time in the fight so I can look at it?

I had Sean but couldn’t have gone either way

Btw this is modern day MMA

If you don’t complain online about losing, are you really trying? I’m sure they are all told by their managers to play the Twitter finger game

The cut was caused by a right hand.
Did strickland say that? AFAIK Sean said it was the headbutt and since he has been a straight shooter so far, I feel he has won the benefit of the doubt, atleast with me.

Now, If he is found out to be lying and I'm wrong. Then I'll retract my statement.

Really? I feel like to be able to make that claim you would have a close up 4k footage in slow-mo of Sean's face the entire fight

What we can clearly see is headbutt = blood right afterwards

but ur telling me that a punch caused that cut which you can see? got any gifs or can direct me o a time in the fight so I can look at it?
I'm driving so can't post the gif or video but you can find it easily. Stricklandseft eye was cut from a right hand before the head clash. The head class just made it worse but since it didn't look like it was very hard head Clash any strike after the first one that opened the cut would have done the same thing. The gift showing the cut being caused by the right hand is in a bunch of the earlier post fight threads.

But you can't tell what made the cut worse the elbow or the head clash cause the camera is behind DDP and Strickland's head isn't visible between the elbow and the head Clash so it could have been either from what I remember seeing but haven't watched it since yesterday
I'll post it when I'm home though.

Edit: Here's the video showing the cut was caused by an overhand right.

Last edited:
Did strickland say that? AFAIK Sean said it was the headbutt and since he has been a straight shooter so far, I feel he has won the benefit of the doubt, atleast with me.

Now, If he is found out to be lying and I'm wrong. Then I'll retract my statement.
No that's not what Strickland said but that's what videos show in slow motion. Look around in the post flight Strickland versus DDP threads and you'll see them. I can post it when I get home but I'm driving and that's not safe to do right now.

Edit: Here's the video showing the cut was caused by an overhand right.

Last edited:
Yup. Draws do exist you know. Sometimes, a fight should be a draw.

How long have you followed the sport? Genuine question.
Not long, since UFC 1. Always felt the way I do
Draws are unproductive and stupid. Almost like the fight never happened

Back