Sean Roberts on the Brown Belt Kumite, Triangle Chokes & Nor Cal vs So Cal BJJ Scene

Is Sean ever going to get a black belt? It's been awhile now

I love watching this dude Sean Roberts.

Though, being from NorCal, I believe he shld of stayed down there in soCal. Beniel darisuh started at the same school a year later and we saw how that turned out.

One of the games i truly appreciate especially since I love triangles as a long limb guy. Would be sick to get a private with him on triangles, might make that come to fruition

I was watching this video while I was eating my lunch earlier today & my housemates thought I had developed Tourette's.

"F'n a! Whoa!" ... "F'n a! Whoa!" ... "F'n a! Whoa!" for 8 minutes. Crazy next level stuff there.

I could be wrong but Sean hasn't even been a brown belt for 2 years yet.

Nope, pretty sure you're right-- I have the same recollection. I believe I remember him being a purple when I started, which was about 2.75 years ago.

and that highlight video was nuts. Sean is some next level. The collar choke from mount twister transition to back control (just writing that was difficult) was insane. Never seen that before, let alone been taught it or pulled it off.

I could be wrong but Sean hasn't even been a brown belt for 2 years yet.

When did Jordon win the purple belt worlds? I know Sean got 3rd that year and lost to Jordon.

I swear he has been brown over three years.

Edit: barely over two years, he got it in September's 2010

and that highlight video was nuts. Sean is some next level. The collar choke from mount twister transition to back control (just writing that was difficult) was insane. Never seen that before, let alone been taught it or pulled it off.

He showed that move to me at a tournament a few years ago. I was in street clothes. We were surrounded by people warming up for their matches. Very cool move...

He showed that move to me at a tournament a few years ago. I was in street clothes. We were surrounded by people warming up for their matches. Very cool move...

I remember seeing that HL a while back and tried that move the next day in class...and failed hard.

Back