• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Sean O’Malley disagrees with UFC fighters & fans

I just thought Tyson looked extremely bad and didn't look in control of the situation at all. With the exception of an exciting potential KO and the knockdown, the fight was fairly uneventful in hindsight. I really couldn't tell you who won.

But it was crazy to think that Francis could have actually beaten the heavyweight boxing champ in a boxing match.

Fury was initiating and landing that jab the whole fight. Ngannou basically only looked for counters. The punch numbers matter most. If it were an MMA fight Ngannou would've won based off damage. But Fury had the numbers. I wished Ngannou was more aggressive and had some offense he could initiate himself. Fury still looked scared and didn't own him like people expected him. I don't know why the actual decision is so debated.

I thought 95-94 Tyson was the fair score, i thought he outpointed him for most of the rounds, very little damage, but i thought he won, specially a SD with two 95-94's shows how close it was. Considering my prediction was a TKO stoppage, this is a win for Ngannou imo, he has the world watching and will get another payday, if not more.

94-94 would've been more fair after that elbow.

Not surprising from the guy who thought he clearly beat Yan.

<Grimes01>

Shills gonna shill for the Bald One - is normal.

<BC1>

He says that to cope and keep his mystique just like the Cheeto loss.
When you look at his face at the end of the fight it's obvious he thinks he lost.

Fury beat him by the books. Ngannou won everywhere else. Not a good fight by any metric for the Fury camp. I bet the revenue was way lower than expected too.

Usyk murders him when the real business comes up though.

Classic. When opinions are split roughly down the middle, the half who disagree with me are shills or haters or nuthuggers.

Lol :D Exactly. There is no bigger “UFC social media shill” than Joe Rogan. And he while salivating at the mouth with a cuckified deranged look in his eyes insisted francis won that fight. INSISTED. Lol! But Rogan tends to… FAVOR guys like francis. He did it the whole lead up to the first Stipe fight too and genuinely looked demoralized after watching his fantasy get Abused for five rounds.

But Yeah shame on Sean for having his own opinion. :rolleyes:

Fury 96-93.

Rogan also thought Volk won the first fight against makhachev. delusional.

all this proves is that rogan is biased toward the shorter man in every fight.

I thought 95-94 Tyson was the fair score, i thought he outpointed him for most of the rounds, very little damage, but i thought he won, specially a SD with two 95-94's shows how close it was. Considering my prediction was a TKO stoppage, this is a win for Ngannou imo, he has the world watching and will get another payday, if not more.

95-94 Fury is the correct score round by round. The last round was really a tossup, neither did much, so it could be a draw or you could charitably give it to Ngannou but I think that's a stretch. Neither one deserved to win based on the last round, though. Fury did more but not what you'd expect from a champion. Ngannou should have tried harder in the last round, it looked like he thought he already had it won based on the knockdown, but he could have truly won the fight just by winning the last round.

I don’t think he’s particularly wrong. Francis’s best work was narrowed to a few rounds. Francis won the “fight”, but Tyson won the boxing bout 95-94 imo. Not even remotely close to a robbery for it to be scored that way.

It was a close fight and it could have gone either way. This forum is obviously biased. And Ngannou 'won' regardless of result.

Also, many MMA fighters are also boxing fans, and if Sean happens to be a Fury fan, what's the problem? People use the term 'shill' for no reason.

In UFC Fury won, in Pride Francis won. Simple ;)
Not even if Ngannou Knockdown Fury 10 times he would win in a
decision, Imagine a fighter 0-0 Champion of World in Boxing would kill the sport.

This Fight are made for Fury looks good with Boxing Rules and Ngannou kill his hype.

It was a close fight and it could have gone either way. This forum is obviously biased. And Ngannou 'won' regardless of result.

Also, many MMA fighters are also boxing fans, and if Sean happens to be a Fury fan, what's the problem? People use the term 'shill' for no reason.
People in here are obsessed with hating Dana. It’s creepy as fuck, imo. People aren’t even allowed to say they think Fury won because of it. You’re right about being a “shill”.

O'Malley is a moron and wants to stay best buds with Dana, so of course he says that.

I expected Fury to light Ngannou up like a Christmas tree and was genuinely surprised at how well Ngannou did. Unless it came by knockout, there was no way Ngannou was going to win that fight.

He certainly proved a lot of doubters wrong, and got paid well in the process. If that's not a moral victory, I don't know what is.

It was a super close fight, I don't think you can really complain one way or the other, but Ngannou won the "fight" if you're not using 10-Point-Must.

Back