SD Chargers are moving to LA it seems

I guess you havent been paying attention to this story for the past two years
They will play in the new football palace that is being built in LA
They are doing it for a new stadium
Its only 2 hours away they will have the same fanbase they have now

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-exercise-team-option-move-los-angeles-2017

They have until Jan 15, 2017 to finalize. I wonder where they will play. Oh Well SD is not that far from LA barring traffic. Dont know why they are doing this though. What fan base will they have? I doubt LA needs two pro-football teams.

LA has never been able to support one NFL team long term. No way they can support two. Many in LA carry a family allegiance to another team. A team that moves to another city often loses much of it's fan base. Many fans hate their former team for leaving. I experienced this when the Braves left Milwaukee in 1965. It soured me on baseball for life. I watch the Brewers once in a while but never with the enthusiasm I had for the Braves. Your home team is still your home team if you move away from home, but your home team is no longer your home team if they move away. How many St Louis fans still hold an allegiance to the Rams?

Last edited:

That traffic has got to be killer. And you can really only take I-5, or go around Camp Pendleton into Inland Empire to get there.

You think in a few years SD will finally be like ,"Ok we miss you guys, we will build a new stadium for you here in SD"?

What fanbase lol

Spanos is the worst owner in the NFL, for sure.

I dont know about that, they are moving to a rival city (Raiders, Dodgers), at least at the beginning I can see many chargers fans feeling cheated by the move.

Who the hell knows for sure if they are going but I got my tickets for the annual "Last Chargers Game Ever In San Diego" just in case. There has been talk about rebranding the team if they leave which will hopefully give us the option of getting an expansion team down the line. I know LA does not want the Chargers so I hope a miracle happens and they stay here.

...they will have the same fanbase they have now
Yeeeeaaaahhhh, about that...

No way in hell they'll have the same fan base...Charger fans in SD are super butthurt, and people in LA only show love for the Raiders.

Sure, the Chargers were once the Los Angeles Chargers, but that will mean nothing.

Do you even football, Brah!?

stupid LA teams. I love seeing how my shit-hole Niner fans can put more butt in the seats than "LA" Ram fans

they will have the same fanbase they have now

As a person from San Diego, no they won't. LA is a Raider area. Rams made sense because the Rams still had a following in LA after all these years before moving back.

The few fans the Chargers have aren't going to support a LA football team in any regard.

San Diego and LA are just different despite seeming the same to outsiders.

As a person from San Diego, no they won't. LA is a Raider area. Rams made sense because the Rams still had a following in LA after all these years before moving back.

The few fans the Chargers have aren't going to support a LA football team in any regard.

San Diego and LA are just different despite seeming the same to outsiders.
Sure, sure, sure
People are just gonna give up football rather than continue to support a team theyve loved forever that moves two hours away
This has nothing to do with the deep profound "differences" between san diego and los angeles and everything to do with Americas addiction to football
Same thing happened when the niners left san francisco and all these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s up here bitched and moaned that they wouldnt support the move but when the team actually moved they shut the fuck up and said "oh well its just an hour away"
Two hours aint that far when the other option is no football at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back