• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sculptures from old Egypt ?

Try doing that with basalt.

53412254-stone-linga-at-warangal-fort-in-andhra-pradesh-india.jpg

images
Well one is unbelievably intricate and detailed. The other is a cylinder. I'm sure the guys that made the Greek/Roman sculptor could figure out how to carve much harder stone into the shape of a tube.

youre too stupid to realize I know and dont care that I dont have experience. thats where the 5 years dedicated to NOTHING ELSE BUT OBTAINING THE EXPERIENCE AND PRACTICE comes into play

you arent fooling anyone. we can all see how furious you are

Fooling who? It takes years to develop these skills and then even more to master them. You don’t have any proven artistic talents as far as you know but claim you can easily recreate an Egyptian statue in 5 years. I could give you 20 years and if you do not have the talent for it you won’t be able to create a piece of art like that.

You’re too embarrassed to realize how asinine your claim is. To your untrained eye the statue is simple as shit and that’s why you are a fucking idiot.

Fooling who? It takes years to develop these skills and then even more to master them. You don’t have any proven artistic talents as far as you know but claim you can easily recreate an Egyptian statue in 5 years. I could give you 20 years and if you do not have the talent for it you won’t be able to create a piece of art like that.

You’re too embarrassed to realize how asinine your claim is. To your untrained eye the statue is simple as shit and that’s why you are a fucking idiot.
well guess I do have the talent for it because I definitely could. lucky me!

The cylinder is perfect though and it shows that there was a global civilization that had the same highly advanced technology.
That's kind of a stretch. I am super interested in this stuff and love the theory of a high tech ancient civilization. But it seems more likely that they had some rudimentary idea of machines. I'm pictureing a lathe on its end spinning.
I'm sure there are tool marks to show what kind of tools were used.

well guess I do have the talent for it because I definitely could. lucky me!

the only talent i see is the art of embarrassing yourself which you have in spades based on your posts in this thread.

Ancient ingenuity that continues to stump experts today = @IloveTHIS "hold my beer"
dude, we are talking about a fucking statue. Not the fucking pyramids and shit.

pretty fucking sure how they made that statue is not "stumping experts" today

finally we are in agreement.

that I'm right and more talented than you, absolutely. took you long enough but you got here, thats all that matters .

dude, we are talking about a fucking statue. Not the fucking pyramids and shit.

pretty fucking sure how they made that statue is not "stumping experts" today

How did they create granite and basalt scupltures using copper and bronze chisels, pounding stones, and sand papyrus?

Check out #post 58.

that I'm right and more talented than you, absolutely. took you long enough but you got here, thats all that matters .

Indeed you are definitely and infinitely more talented than me at embarrassing yourself. Picasso himself would give you high marks if this was considered an art...

That's kind of a stretch. I am super interested in this stuff and love the theory of a high tech ancient civilization. But it seems more likely that they had some rudimentary idea of machines. I'm pictureing a lathe on its end spinning.
The cylinder is the easiest to do, as you say put it on a wheel standing on end and a rudimentary stationary tool, turn the fucker by hand.
Take the tool off and put sand paper on, turn it some more.

so fuckjng simple...

The cylinder is the easiest to do, as you say put it on a wheel standing on end and a rudimentary stationary tool, turn the fucker by hand.
Take the tool off and put sand paper on, turn it some more.

so fuckjng simple...
That's what I said lol. A lathe on its side. I think people underestimate the skill level some people possess.

That's what I said lol. A lathe on its side. I think people underestimate the skill level some people possess.
Yes I was agreeing with you and earlier on i had stated how damn simple circles are to make perfect especially compared to other things in prehistory like the Bolivian blocks and shit.

How did they create granite and basalt scupltures using copper and bronze chisels, pounding stones, and sand papyrus?

Check out #post 58.

By chipping and sanding. People have been working rocks for a long time and many cultures have gotten very good at it.

These were made in Italy in the 1700s. No powertools there. Just simple chisels. All carved from a single block of marble.

650cdec11bf39b5f4b54543c361f55ab.jpg

The Veiled Christ was so amazing some people had the same line of thinking you seem to, and were convinced it was created through alchemy. It wasn't though. Just simple hand tools, barely any more modern than what the ancient Egyptians had.

iu

can you see any tool marks ?
what tools would you use or you would expect were used to make those sculptures ?
anyone knows from what material those sculptures are made off ?
01a13a236ea21f4a65054b1a2cab6712.jpg

8622686332_2c15e9130c_b.jpg

can you see any tool marks ?
what tools would you use or you would expect were used to make those sculptures ?
anyone knows from what material those sculptures are made off ?
01a13a236ea21f4a65054b1a2cab6712.jpg

8622686332_2c15e9130c_b.jpg

Not sure of the tools but I think iloveTHIS could definitely make this between lighting his farts and scratching his balls.

Back