Screw Boxing!!!! I'm DONE !!!!

T

Too $hort

Thats right I'm going to get some tapout & ufc t-shirts and get a bunch of tatoos,really its better when one man and one organzation dictates an entire sport.Its time for me to start acting like an ass and trash talk my future opponents(all while wearing condom depot logos on the ass part of my shorts )I will probaly walk out to some rap music wearing a xycience t-shirt.I will from now on post in the ufc-wec part of sherdog,a place were evreyone makes sense and knows what their talking about......oh yah the spider will pwnd rjj in boxing.

OK just kidding but really I made thread about mma should be ran differently(like boxing)I was flamed pretty good and people thought I was foolish . People were saying shit like the best dont fight the best and their are a bunch of belts and so on.Yah their are a bunch of belts but at least it keeps people competeing,the best dont fight the best ? I say their is alot of ducking but the best do fight the best,cazaghe v kessler ,pac vs jmm,pavlick vs taylor this list goes on......these are very recent fights

Hey if mma were like boxing you would have less retarded contracts,I said why not have a 1 fight deal and they said what if fedor wins and decides to leave the ufc after he wins ? "SEE THATS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM" MMA SHOULD HAVE A GOVERNING BODYS THAT LETS FIGHTERS PREETY MUCH FIGHT WHO THEY WANT TO FIGHT!111 when promoters in boxing make fighters sign multi fight deals that means they can only fight for the promoter ,THAT DOSENT MEAN THE FIGHTER CANT FIGHT A CERTAIN PERSON BECAUSE THE GUY FIGHTS IN ANOTHER ORG...

If mma were like boxing fedor vs barnett or coture would have already been signed and you would see guys get the chance to fight more often because one organaztion dosent get to determine who fights and who dosent......I posted this here in the boxing forum becasue I feel their are better posters here and I feel boxing is ran better than mma,OH yah people also say "at least mma has definite outcomes unlike boxing" listen dumbass if mma was like boxing it would still have definite outcome except the fighter will get paid better

The one bad thing about mma is exclusive contracts to the different organisations. Pride was probably the closest we will see to the best fighting the best for a long time.

This is all not true in boxing fights sometimes never get made, just off the top of my head Roy Jones vs Bernard Hopkins 2 should of been made years and years ago Mayweather Cotto should also be happening both sports have there flaws in the way they run things, I am a boxing fan and it makes me fuckin sick how many titles for each division there is at least in the UFC 1 title 1 division the way it should be.

I agree 1 fight deals are bullshit and they most likely will evolve in to fighters signing with promoters, UFC and MMA fighters are still learning I understand it has been around for a while but this level of success is new if MMA is around and strong ten years from now I'd be surprised if things are still run the way they are now.

Lets just hope they don't start doing sub titles like boxing, at least for boxing sakes ring magazine has a title now hopefully that will be recognized as the only title that matters considering ring magazine has rated boxer's ranking legitly for like 50 years now.

PS. Dont wear affliction shirts people will think you have caught teh ghey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBv-Yd61hko

In boxing, the best don't always fight the best. In MMA, the best almost never fight the best. UFC fanboys went fucking nuts when Zuffa bought pride since now finally the best were gonna fight the best and whatnot. And we got fucking Mir vs Lesnar headlining an event.

In boxing, the best don't always fight the best. In MMA, the best almost never fight the best. UFC fanboys went fucking nuts when Zuffa bought pride since now finally the best were gonna fight the best and whatnot. And we got fucking Mir vs Lesnar headlining an event.

But juxtapose that against the backdrop of the ABC titles/organizations. What's better: a humongously fractured title picture amongst 3 to 4 sanctioning bodies and about 15+ weight classes or what will eventually emerge to be 2 main wide-sweeping organizations with concurrent weight classes of low number and with the title of "best in the the world" only split two ways?

The way I see it, MMA still has the edge in this department out of sheer simplicity.

But juxtapose that against the backdrop of the ABC titles/organizations. What's better: a humongously fractured title picture amongst 3 to 4 sanctioning bodies and about 15+ weight classes or what will eventually emerge to be 2 main wide-sweeping organizations with concurrent weight classes of low number and with the title of "best in the the world" only split two ways?

The way I see it, MMA still has the edge in this department out of sheer simplicity.

It ain't all that hard to follow if you actually have some interest in boxing. But MMA's "simplicity" definitely wins points for the kids with short attention spans. No seriously, MMA isn't all that simple. There are numerous organizations and titles in MMA too. The only difference is that in boxing, the champions actually fight eachother.

The UFC currently has two champions in two of it's four weight classes. WTF are you smoking?

This doesn't take into account any of the other organizations who will all have their own respective champions.

The difference is that here the promoters own the entire pie, and give the fighters crumbs, whereas in boxing, the atheletes at least get a piece of the financial pie.

keep in mind too that mma is still a very young sport...boxing only had well over a hundred year start
im sure when boxing started fighters werent pulling in large chunks of the money made
the several fight contract in a sense is made to protect the promotors tail
although i wish the contracts werent exclusive and would allow the fighter to compete in other competitions

Right now the (sad) fact is the UFC is the only major player that can pull off MMA successfully. WFA, WEC, Bodog, IFL and the others have tried. If Elite succeeds with CBS then maybe things will start to evolve. If the MMA is destined to be a sport like the NFL where one body controls it or like boxing where there is no dominant force remains to be seen. Boxing is weird. it has been grandfathered in so to speak on how business is done nowadays. Comparing a sport with a hundred year head start to a relatively new sport really isn't fair. Doesn't mean you are right or wrong, it just means I wanted to post something out of the Wasteland:D (I don't go anywhere near the heavies anymore)
Edit- hundreds of years actually

lol. Too Sort, you have already proven yourself as a bon. And no one who likes boxing will ever foreske it for MMA. We just make room it. Although there is no way I can ever get into MMA like I was into boxing back when USA TNF was on and Jimmy Thunder and Manfredy and Courage (shabablalala) were fighting. those were good times...

Thats right I'm going to get some tapout & ufc t-shirts and get a bunch of tatoos,really its better when one man and one organzation dictates an entire sport.Its time for me to start acting like an ass and trash talk my future opponents(all while wearing condom depot logos on the ass part of my shorts )I will probaly walk out to some rap music wearing a xycience t-shirt.I will from now on post in the ufc-wec part of sherdog,a place were evreyone makes sense and knows what their talking about......oh yah the spider will pwnd rjj in boxing.

OK just kidding but really I made thread about mma should be ran differently(like boxing)I was flamed pretty good and people thought I was foolish . People were saying shit like the best dont fight the best and their are a bunch of belts and so on.Yah their are a bunch of belts but at least it keeps people competeing,the best dont fight the best ? I say their is alot of ducking but the best do fight the best,cazaghe v kessler ,pac vs jmm,pavlick vs taylor this list goes on......these are very recent fights

Hey if mma were like boxing you would have less retarded contracts,I said why not have a 1 fight deal and they said what if fedor wins and decides to leave the ufc after he wins ? "SEE THATS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM" MMA SHOULD HAVE A GOVERNING BODYS THAT LETS FIGHTERS PREETY MUCH FIGHT WHO THEY WANT TO FIGHT!111 when promoters in boxing make fighters sign multi fight deals that means they can only fight for the promoter ,THAT DOSENT MEAN THE FIGHTER CANT FIGHT A CERTAIN PERSON BECAUSE THE GUY FIGHTS IN ANOTHER ORG...

If mma were like boxing fedor vs barnett or coture would have already been signed and you would see guys get the chance to fight more often because one organaztion dosent get to determine who fights and who dosent......I posted this here in the boxing forum becasue I feel their are better posters here and I feel boxing is ran better than mma,OH yah people also say "at least mma has definite outcomes unlike boxing" listen dumbass if mma was like boxing it would still have definite outcome except the fighter will get paid better

Too short.....MMA is still emerging and going through it's learning curve. The first UFC was held in November of 93. Thats less than 15 years ago. Since then it's gone from civic centers in Alabama to 20,000 seat stadiums.....A fringe sport to a national sport. Folks are still learning and working out the kinks.
Boxing for the longest time was a giant soup sandwich. Gangsters and gamblers controlled the sport and Congress attempted to ban the sport on several occasions. From the 1930's until roughly the early 60's boxing was controlled by a member of Murder Inc. (see King Kabuki's avatar) and a member of the Philadelphia mob named Blinky Palermo. Before the 1930's boxing was controlled by other underworld figures primarily Boo Boo Huff and Owney Madden.
When Carbo and Palermo controlled boxing fighters were often ordered to throw fights to influence the gambling lines (Jake Lamotta vs. Jimmy Foxx is probably the most note worthy of these fights). On one occasion at least, a fighters family was closely watched by the mob while the fight was going on to insure the fighter would dump the fight and not back out.
After Carbo and Palermo boxing had to deal with Don King......enter the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, WBF, IBO, etc. etc. Jose Sulamain who controlled the WBC was little more than a rubber stamp for Don King and was responsible for setting up insane matches where unheard of fighters were given title shots because they were controlled by Don King or other money men. These fights were often mismatches.
Even now boxing is a giant alphabet soup with numerous title holders in each division.

If the MMA folks are going their own way......then so be it. Not following the boxing template is probably a good thing........

Back