Schools in LAS VEGAS

D

Devil Johnny

I've been looking around for a new school, I've been thinking of joining Striking Unlimited.
Does anyone train here? or trained here before? any advice?(maybe a better school)

I'm looking to join striking unlimited because they offer Muay Thai, bjj, wrestling and boxing

I havent heard much about them...i think frank mir trains there tho...
I've heard xtreme couture gym is pretty sick tho, i went to check out kobra kai and it seems pretty ghetto, kinda small...looks like a garage or a storage place or something.
I myself train at Warrior Training Center, home of Hyena Muay Thai(great muay thai coach with over 60 fights including S1 fights, also Forrest's Muay Thai coach in TUF8), Elite Boxing Team with Gil Martinez(world champion boxing coach), Carlson Gracie Team with Ricardo Cavalcanti(4th degree black belt in jiu jitsu and 1st degree black belt in judo), and we are also the new home to the famous Brazilian Top Team(teaching the MMA classes). we have more shit too like conditioning classes(this is actually where Forrest Griffin does all his conditioning, he's there like every week) and yoga classes, and its like by my house too so i think its a sick ass gym lol...

bad move looking for bjj schools in vegas, barely anyone even knows what MMA is there
doubt you'll find anywhere

I would defo reccomend you at least try xtreme couture that is were i would train if i was in Vegas

Xtreme Couture For MMA or Cobra Kai for Gi and Nogi JiuJitsu. They don't have a Gi program at Couture, but you train with top MMA fighters and grapplers everyday. Depends on what you're focusing on. I've trained at Cobra Kai for a little while, It's an awesome place to up your jits. Good enviroment, excellent teachers and people willing to learn.

Kobrai Kai to jitz and XC for MMA.

Sergio penha is the best place for BJJ in las vegas, period.

There's a LOT of BJJ schools down here in Vegas.

Generally, Marc Laimon's Kobra Kai seems to be winning the most tournaments. Other schools include:

- Carlson Gracie Team under Ricardo Cavalcanti at the Warrior Training Center

- Machado Jiu-Jitsu at "Team Mica"

- Legion BJJ AKA Las Vegas Combat Club under Ricardo Pires

- Gracie Barra under Fredson Paixao

In my opinion, these are the best schools in Las Vegas. Kobra Kai has the track record, but I've met and trained with guys from different schools. I think it's just a matter of who the student is. If you have the determination and will, any of these camps will help you get to where you wanna be.

Personally, I train at Carlson Gracie under Ricardo Cavalcanti. I like his classes. From what I hear from students from other schools, his BJJ classes aren't as intense as other schools. They're quite laid-back actually. It's a good environment, and there's a good core of guys there to help out.

My recommendation is to just do a free first lesson at each one and see what instructors/gyms you like.

I train at Legion and love it. The atmosphere is just really conducive to learning. The amount of detail taught is the thing that matters most.

Cameron Diffley is the head instructor there. Cobra Kai wins a lot of tournaments based on the number of competitors they have in. They are the biggest grappling school in Vegas. I haven't trained there so I can't say whether or not its the best. It depends more on the students and atmospheres. Every gym though is going to have top level guys and guys who know nothing.

I train at Legion and love it. The atmosphere is just really conducive to learning. The amount of detail taught is the thing that matters most.

Cameron Diffley is the head instructor there. Cobra Kai wins a lot of tournaments based on the number of competitors they have in. They are the biggest grappling school in Vegas. I haven't trained there so I can't say whether or not its the best. It depends more on the students and atmospheres. Every gym though is going to have top level guys and guys who know nothing.

cameron is very very technical and very very good, you can not go wrong training with him. Great guy too.

Striking Unlimited is run by Frank Mir and Ken Hahn they are on TUF right now watch them on wendsays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back