Schools in Altoona?

Carpenter

White Belt
Reaction score
So I'm going to college in Altoona Pennsylvania starting the end of august and I was wondering if there were any schools that you guys know about for grappling or mma or whatever. I wanted to start taking sambo here in the city but I couldn't come up with the money in time for me to not be wasting classes before I left. Any help would be appreciated! thanks guys!

So I'm going to college in Altoona Pennsylvania starting the end of august and I was wondering if there were any schools that you guys know about for grappling or mma or whatever. I wanted to start taking sambo here in the city but I couldn't come up with the money in time for me to not be wasting classes before I left. Any help would be appreciated! thanks guys!

I know of only two schools in Altoona. PA Grappling seems to have a very good MMA and grappling program. joseki jujitsu seems to have a well-established judo and more traditional Japanese jujitsu program. That's all I personally have knowledge of.

Tatu's school is not too far from there. Has a mixed reputation and I have only been to one of his tournaments and have no personal experience with his instruction. It may be worth a try. Perhaps someone on here who trains under him can elaborate.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournaments in your area

thanks guys, i want some more people giving their insight so ttt

thanks guys, i want some more people giving their insight so ttt

Hey I know Altoona is a bit far from Chamberburg,PA but thats were I train with UFC vet Sam Adkins. Real nice laid back guy train under him. We also have a few people fight trainning with us at the moment and everybody is real nice. If ya need more info or are interested lemme know.

Back