Schools in Altoona?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Carpenter, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Carpenter

Carpenter White Belt

So I'm going to college in Altoona Pennsylvania starting the end of august and I was wondering if there were any schools that you guys know about for grappling or mma or whatever. I wanted to start taking sambo here in the city but I couldn't come up with the money in time for me to not be wasting classes before I left. Any help would be appreciated! thanks guys!

2. Jimmy Cerra

Jimmy Cerra Amateur Fighter

I know of only two schools in Altoona. PA Grappling seems to have a very good MMA and grappling program. joseki jujitsu seems to have a well-established judo and more traditional Japanese jujitsu program. That's all I personally have knowledge of.

3. chefcpb

chefcpb White Belt

Tatu's school is not too far from there. Has a mixed reputation and I have only been to one of his tournaments and have no personal experience with his instruction. It may be worth a try. Perhaps someone on here who trains under him can elaborate.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournaments in your area

4. Carpenter

Carpenter White Belt

thanks guys, i want some more people giving their insight so ttt

5. Carpenter

Carpenter White Belt

thanks guys, i want some more people giving their insight so ttt

6. Hey I know Altoona is a bit far from Chamberburg,PA but thats were I train with UFC vet Sam Adkins. Real nice laid back guy train under him. We also have a few people fight trainning with us at the moment and everybody is real nice. If ya need more info or are interested lemme know.