School Shooting narrowly avoided!

I think there's always going to be some blurred lines when it comes to "see something, say something" type reports. What is something? That is different to everybody, I guess.

But what we can't have is a bunch of busy-bodies harassing people in the streets because of their gut feelings. For example, another story popped up today with a video of some maniac woman screaming at some Hispanics (who were here visiting) for being freeloaders and telling them to speak English. I guess her "gut feeling" was that those random people needed to be harassed. Her gut feeling comes from her demented mind.

I guess I have trouble trusting a lot of people to act on their "gut feeling" without any actual evidence of wrongdoing.

Seems about right, especially if we are talking about getting police involved. Once you start making threats, menacing behavior, etc, if someone overreacts to it, at least you've mainly got yourself to blame.

I think there's always going to be some blurred lines when it comes to "see something, say something" type reports. What is something? That is different to everybody, I guess.

But what we can't have is a bunch of busy-bodies harassing people in the streets because of their gut feelings. For example, another story popped up today with a video of some maniac woman screaming at some Hispanics (who were here visiting) for being freeloaders and telling them to speak English. I guess her "gut feeling" was that those random people needed to be harassed. Her gut feeling comes from her demented mind.

I guess I have trouble trusting a lot of people to act on their "gut feeling" without any actual evidence of wrongdoing.
And of course blacks have a history of being stopped for DWB and WWB which it has taken a long time to educate the police about and to reduce.

it seems in a push to MAGA, there is a desire to return to that glorious time of being able to just stop anyone and make them explain themselves because your 'suspicious', and we all know that does not go well when left unchecked.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-gut-feeling-stops-school-shooter-planned-attack-231253510.html

Holy crap, that was a close one! Not a lot to discuss in here, but it's nice to report the foiled attempts instead of having to talk about the successful mass shootings.
Similarly, it's nice to read about foiled terrorist plots by homegrown, radicalized Muslims. The Russians aren't the only ones on Twitter:
Chicago Man Charged With Using Social Media To Recruit For ISIS, And Support ‘Violent Jihad’
4520035_101918-wls-iteam-al-safoo-img.jpg

Homegrown Terror Threats Rise in the U.S. for Third Consecutive Month
Lot of ticking time bombs out there. More extreme premature action is always on the table, as it is for firearms abolitionists, but is that wise? Is it Constitutional?

The answer to both questions is a resounding, "No".

Last edited:
You are just a worthless slave
I know this is asking a lot of you, but I want you to reread my comment and then reassess whether you think it could have possibly been something other than tongue-in-cheek.
Is that what really happened here? They were just going to pay him a visit and were lucky. People planning attacks and are caught with body armor and weapons usually get arrested.
Soul Crusher account trying to start off reasonable to thwart staff suspicion? Or just some other person who hasn't been bitchslapped off the site enough times?

ed. looks like the former.

Just for clarification. The black guy had buzzed into the apartment. He says so here on the video @49 seconds. I just wanted to clear that up as some people are saying he didn't buzz in.

Yeah, I agree that the reasons in one case are much stronger than in the other case. I've also stated many times I'm not trying to defend that lady. My question is something more like what is the minimum a person can do for you to be reasonably suspicious to the point of getting police involved.
There is no easy answer to that. What you said about seeing someone with a Kevlar vest and a bunch of guns near a school is correct, that is always suspicious and even if the person had some kind of rational excuse, they were a complete dumb ass to go anywhere near a school. I also agree about people keeping guns in their house. I have had a few friends who have an arsenal and a gun-safe. It doesn't mean they are planning to shoot anyone, but those friends would never carry all their guns in their vehicle at once, and if they did, they damn well wouldn't get near a school.

Your threshold for suspicious activity in an apartment complex (unless you live in a high end place) should probably be pretty high. People move in and out. There are always a lot of guests in the complex at any one time. That's why I think in that lady's case gathering a little more information would have saved her the headache in the long run.

The threshold is lower in a housing development. You can pretty easily recognize who lives there and who doesn't, and there probably isn't that much unaccounted for foot traffic. If you see a suspicious car you should probably wait a little while to at least see if they're just turning around or answering a text before they keep driving, but if a good amount of time passes and they don't move on, then they might be up to no good.

Every case is different.

Couldn't this be a case of a racist (but innocent) NRA member being headed to the woods / the shooting range near the school to LARP with his buddies?

I'm semi-serious. We don't know about that ''detailed attack plan" of his and he also threatened a school previously, but walking around with guns and ammo is just exercising his constitutional rights... right?
I would believe the police, but I will point out that the most credible doubt that he intended any serious mass shooting is the total rounds of ammunition.

200 rounds isn't shit. If you are preparing for a suicide shooting, where you know you will eventually engage the police, then you should be taking thousands of rounds. But...some people are pretty stupid, and this guy sounds as dumb as they come.

Just for clarification. The black guy had buzzed into the apartment. He says so here on the video @49 seconds. I just wanted to clear that up as some people are saying he didn't buzz in.

Thanks for clarifying, I'm one of the ones who was in error.

I tell you what...

Im getting bout gotdamn tired of the internet doing the gotdamn feds job for them.

Yaay and all.
But this muhfukka was pinged by the feds once already.

If true I hope he gets eternally raped in prison.

If this did begin with him grabbing the door, he may not want to admit that. Did they show any footage?

"Dylan Jarrell, just as he was leaving his house with more than 200 rounds of ammunition, a bulletproof vest, a firearm, a 100-round high-capacity magazine, and a “detailed plan of attack.” He was headed toward two school districts"

That no one is raising an eyebrow over this part and that this is apparently accepted to have in ones possession is pretty terrifying from an outside point of view.

Well you never know when tyranny may strike. You have to be prepared and armed to the teeth, even if youre a racist homicidal nutbag. The Constitution says so.

I would believe the police, but I will point out that the most credible doubt that he intended any serious mass shooting is the total rounds of ammunition.

200 rounds isn't shit. If you are preparing for a suicide shooting, where you know you will eventually engage the police, then you should be taking thousands of rounds. But...some people are pretty stupid, and this guy sounds as dumb as they come.

Depends on the plan I guess. The Vegas shooter had optimized everything in order to maximize body count. The Winnenden school shooter had just a Beretta 92 and ''several hundred rounds" of ammo. It was enough to kill 13 in the school and 3 on the run. Once police has cornered them, they never get out anyway.

Depends on the plan I guess. The Vegas shooter had optimized everything in order to maximize body count. The Winnenden school shooter had just a Beretta 92 and ''several hundred rounds" of ammo. It was enough to kill 13 in the school and 3 on the run. Once police has cornered them, they never get out anyway.
This guy had a 100-round capacity magazine.

I guess he didn't wanna waste money and ammo then. Everything is so expensive these days!!1!
Generally, what that indicates is the preparation for a standoff. That's my suggestion.

Higher capacity magazines have been outlawed in most states, and police lobbyist groups have been a driving force behind those regulations. They enable criminals the ability to maintain drawn out gun battles without having to reload which is a great opportunity for cops to rush shooters; especially when they enjoy an advantage in numbers. I'm also assuming his firearm wasn't a hand gun with a modified magazine of that size (the ABC article didn't specify). So it would seem this guy wanted to prepare for a standoff, but he only brought 200 rounds.

Again, this isn't one of America's brightest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back