School owners are you going to this?...

To this Mixed Martial Arts Millionaires|Learn How To Market Your School

If so I'll see you there. Stop by and say what's up.

If my school (an LI affiliate) is any indication, the man knows how to market martial arts schools. We have so many new people coming in, it's crazy. It seems like every single class I go to there are a couple of first timers there. Right before I started at the school (in November) we expanded from 3000 sq feet to 6000. We are already getting ready to expand to 9000.

When I left my previous MA school (not BJJ) most nights there were only 1-2 other people in the class. I hated it. As a student, I love a full gym.

Everyone says that LI knows how to market, but I just can't get over how much this seminar feels exactly like other "get rich quick" seminars. And I get the gut feeling that the seminar will offer little concrete ideas, and instead try to get you to shell out more cash for the real material.

Let me know how it goes and whether it actually works!

Everyone says that LI knows how to market, but I just can't get over how much this seminar feels exactly like other "get rich quick" seminars. And I get the gut feeling that the seminar will offer little concrete ideas, and instead try to get you to shell out more cash for the real material.

Let me know how it goes and whether it actually works!

I can honestly say that Lloyd knows exactly what he has talking about. This is no joke but even having a 20 minute conversation on the topic helped me 5x more then anything else. That and his passion behind it is contagious.

I can honestly say that Lloyd knows exactly what he has talking about. This is no joke but even having a 20 minute conversation on the topic helped me 5x more then anything else. That and his passion behind it is contagious.

So has your enrollment increased substantially?

So has your enrollment increased substantially?

It definitely increased. I just recently expanded my facility as well an additional 2,500 sq feet. I went from 1,400sq feet to 3,900sq feet in 1 year and adding a few things Lloyd talked about was a huge reason for that. Lloyd loves helping people and once he starts he almost has trouble stopping from giving out info.

Check out this testimonial from Marcos Avellan, Master lloyd helped him go from around 60 students to over 1000 students at his school.

Marcos’ Story | Mixed Martial Arts Millionaires

For $197, id say its worth it. I dont care for some of his "internet marketing millionaire" sales pitch stuff, but from the little bit I read on his site it seems he will be teaching about search engine optimization and email marketing/lead capture, which could bring in tons of new students.

In a samll town the SEO stuff might not bring in a whole lot, but using email marketing to bring past past students is HUGE. In a city however, ranking at the top for several variations of "baltimore jiu jitsu" "brazilian jiu jitsu baltimore" etc. could bring in a ton of traffic.

If you have 100 emails (or 500!) of previous students, you can send them an offer around student loan time, income tax time, new years, etc. giving them a free month and a free private lesson with a assistant instructor, or something like this. and probably get a ton of people to come in and sign up.

I deal with this kind of stuff in other industries/niches and it is extremely effective. Much better and more cost effective than direct mail.

$197 is a steal really.

You could also send out an email to your current student base giving them 1 free month of trianing for each new signup they are responsible for. Say a student gets his roommate to signup, it costs you what, $100-$150 for that free month of dues you gave your student. But you just made $1,000 to $1,500 by locking the new guy as a student. Pretty good return on your investment right there.

You could email your current students with an offer of buy 5 private lessons, get 1 or 2 free around times of the year you know they are more likely to have money.

You could also partner with another local business who collects emails, say a gym. Offer to give their members a great deal if they sign up at your gym, and in return the gym gives your members a great deal for signing up. You both get new students, and your students get a great deal on a gym membership.

Could also do it with a local supplements store or something. Send an email to your students about the store, include a 25% off coupon for your students. Then the supplement store sends an email to their customers, telling them how awesome Jiu Jitsu is for their health/confidence/etc. and that you are offering their customers a week trial, and first month free if they singup.

I'd love to hear any ideas other people have. This could be an awesome thread for school owners if people add to it.

Sorry, I love this stuff lol. Could talk about it all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would do it.

I also agree that $197 for something that can give you a return that is much more then that is worth it.

Back