School Directory

Anyone know some gyms in the South bay area (310/torrance,redondo beach,palos verdes) of Southern California? Info. would be greatly appreciated either in here or in a PM.

name: MKG http://mkgseattle.com/
teaches: kali/filipino martial arts (weapons and emptyhand), jeet kune do, bjj/csw, muay thai
head instructor: andy wilson

Portland Thai Boxing & Martial Arts
Location;

902 N. Hayden Meadows Dr (attached to "A Place To Shoot" near Delta Park).
Portland, OR, USA

Teaches Muay Thai with pretty regular seminars in other MA areas (BJJ, subwrestling, weapons, etc).

Instructors:
Jeremy Wijers--full instructor under Ajarn Surachai "Chai" Sirisute

Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
Morning 10am-1130am
Evening 6pm-730pm (this class often stretches for 3 hours for those who want to stay)

Saturday:
10am-1130am Thai Boxing and/or weapons (Kali/Escrima/etc.)
12pm-1:30pm NoGi JJ (taught by Kasuke Andrews)

www.portlandthaiboxing.com<<<<<<NEW!

Feel free to email me with any questions. If I can't answer them, I will ask Kru and get back to you.
[email protected]

i live in new hampshire, been doin jj for couple years wanna work on the stand-up... anybody know any good schools, prob not just figured i would ask

No Limits Fighting Sports Gym

NEW LOCATION
1962 Barranca Parkway
Irvine, CA 92606

www.nolimitsmma.com
www.nolimitsfsg.com

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Muay Thai
Mixed Martial Arts
Boxing
Wrestling
Weight Training
Kids Programs
Cardio Kickboxing
Capoeira

Coaches:
Colin Oyama (coached Tito Ortiz and Quinton Rampage Jackson in UFC and PRIDE)
and Team Oyama Fighters

NLFSG offers both No-Gi and Gi classes taught by Brazilian Black Belt Juliano Prado. The MMA programs are taught by Colin Oyama and Team Oyama fighters who participate in MMA events (Elite XC, King of the Cage, Shooto, Pancrase). Muay Thai is also of good quality, our students fight quite often at amateur "smoker" fights with success because the trainers all compete professionally in Muay Thai around the US. the schedule is flexible to work with your schedule, there are 3 bjj and 3 thai classes a day (one in the morning and two at night for each)

PM me for more info

Name - Lee's Oriental Martial Arts Supply (a sister branch of the Ng Family Chinese Martial Arts Association)
Location - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA
What they teach - Choy Lay Fut (Hung Sing), Wing Chun (Wong Shun Leung), Chinese Kenpo, and Yang style Taijiquan
Class info - $100 a month, no contracts, schedule depends on the style you choose
My email - [email protected]

Additional info - We are an old school Kung Fu school. We don't give out sashes/rankings. It's not one of those "3 year schools". We train hard, and spar hard. We spar different ways. Sanshou style, Kickboxing style, and MMA style. We believe if you don't spar then you shouldn't be with us. We produce successful Sanshou fighters, and we love both the traditional side and combat sport side of martial arts.

name: Amateur Muay Thai Association of the Philippines
location: Philsports complex, Pasig City (headquarters)/Batasan Hills, Quezon City, Philippines (grassroots camp)
style: muay thai
schedule: everyday 6-9pm

name: Pow Boxing Gym
style: boxing
schedule: everyday 8am-10pm

my email: [email protected]

does anyone know of any gyms in the bay area? preferably within 20 minutes of San Ramon

Great thread! I am new to SherDog and dont currently attend any training centers, but i will add a few i know of here in Las Vegas.

Xyience Training Center

3655 S Durango Dr # 5, Las Vegas, NV 89147
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
(702) 838-8008

What they teach: Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai & MMA

Instructors: Ricardo Cavalcanti, Forrest Griffin, Rick Davis, Mark Beecher & Mike Whitehead

Class information: XTC Class Schedule

Price:
With a 1 year Contract:
$100 per month - Unlimited Muay Thai
$120 per month - Unlimited Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
$150 per month - Unlimited Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts

Monthly Basis (no contract):
$135 per month - 1 discipline / style
$185 per month - 2 disciplines / styles
$228 per month - Unlimited classes / disciplines

Does anyone possibly know any good schools in Alberta Canada? Preferably in the Red Deer area, but I could travel to Edmonton or Calgary and help would be appreciated.

Elite MMA Gym

2955 E. Hillcrest Dr
Thousand oaks CA

Bas Rutten MMA system, Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing
Instructors: Bas Rutten, Ed Keller, Randy Khatami, James Singler

www.elitemmagym.com

BigD66 said:
Does anyone possibly know any good schools in Alberta Canada? Preferably in the Red Deer area, but I could travel to Edmonton or Calgary and help would be appreciated.

I saw a dragon MMA sign on the side of the street the other day. Dont know if theyre any good, but they are in the area. I think you should do LOTS of research on this before going, cause it looks like its pretty low budget.

http://www.dragonmma.moonfruit.com/

Hope that helps.

Does anyone know a place around Ft. Worth that charges by the class?

(I only have a few free days per month. I am just looking for some practice/sparring)

Back