• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Schaub says 5’1” ‘prick’ Joe Silva started off as ‘Sherdog forum troll’

I feel like this could be the sort of video to have some real substance, but I listened for 20 seconds and Schaub's inability to put together simple sentences is both annoying AND troubling.

You're listening to Schaub like he's a hard hitting journalist. He's not. He's an entertainer, he tries to entertain people. With stories and words.

I'm sure there's a grain of truth in there but take it for what it is: A story by a story teller.
*Like*

The line about Silva starting out as a "Sherdog forum troll" is invariably false. Silva started working for the UFC in 1995 when they were still owned by SEG and he was the only one left over from SEG still working for Zuffa. Sherdog wasn't even a thing back then. The site itself started in 1997 and the forums didn't start until 1999. And the forums didn't really get popular until the TUF era.

Other than that, yeah, there's a lot of truth to the personal interactions and negotiations he described.

Back