• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Schaub ripping on Rogan’s commentary (Cyborg/Spencer)

Interesting. I thought they would stick together as friends. Looks like Schabu has gone rogue a bit ha.

I get where Rogan was surprised and impressed with how Spencer took a Cyborg ass beating, without showing any type of timidity or being mentally broken at any point during the fight. Sure she was undefeated, but she’s green and Id guess most people were expecting Cyborg to quickly dispatch Spencer, which she did not.

The UFC is constantly being criticized for doing a garbage job of building stars, here Joe was expressing surprise over how well she was still in the fight until the end despite being overpowered, outgunned and outclassed. Maybe Joe was making the point that this young prospect has a ton of potential and regardless of being on the wrong end of a 30-27 she does show a tons of potential and promise for a sparsely populated division... as for me I’ll be keeping an eye out for her next fight, one the few WMMA fighters I can say that about.

<mma4>
<Fedor23>

Fuck. No one needs this shit around here. All reasonable and shit.

The big criticism he got for the "Cyborg is gassed" thing, I can't believe people are so blind to what he clearly HAS TO DO...... I said it while I was watching it. That's all they could say about the fight other than cataloguing how many punches were landing and how utterly one sided the fight was....

He can't really call "miss-match"..... And it was exactly that. Felicia did well in the respect that she didn't get knocked out cold and appeared to land more than just the opening elbow.

Frankie did exactly what he was expected to do, in fact, he actually did less as he was TOTALLY nullified .... Both fights were boring unless

"Max might have had a hard cut"
"Cyborg could gas"

Unless the fight is against Nunes or a top ranked lightweight ... And there's a narrative you could get involved in.

I asked my friend what Joe could say to keep me interested in the Frankie fight while at the same time being honest.

He kept saying "well Frankie needs to get inside more" uhh...but be honest, dummy. Frankie wasn't going to get inside more because he's on an endless loop of the same combo and Holloway wasn't going to allow it. So being honest, because that's what all the Joe detractors wanted... he would be saying shit like "well it's the third round and Holloway is already well ahead on points and since Frankie can't get the take down, this fight is pretty much over. Anyone who needs to get an early start on their ride home should probably just head on out now!"

Sure the UFC would have LOVED that.

All the idiots in this thread know nothing about what the job of the commentator actually is. They have this mis conception in their head...but it's far removed from reality.

Joe did as good as a job as any trying to maintain interest in two VERY one sided, boring fights.

Last edited:
It's time Schaub sat Rogan down and convinced him to retire

It's what a friend would do
But only if millions of strangers get to watch it, its the right thing to do.

schaub the type of dude to shit on the guy who got him his job and helped him make money.

schaub the type of dude to shit on the guy who got him his job and helped him make money.

THIS

Rogan created him.

...which is sad, (as Rogan is a fucking tool) but...yeah.

BrainDead Knob for the loss.

Schaub is an ungrateful puke and Joe ain't gonna be that long time friend that helps him at all when he has CTE and is shitting himself at 50

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back