Schaub Metamoris

robertabooey

White Belt
Reaction score
Metamoris: 20 minute, submission-only, gi or no-gi matches. There are no points given and if there is NO SUBMISSION, a DRAW is declared.

I found it interesting that on wikipedia it says that Abreu was declared the winner in his match vs Schaub even though there was no submission. This has to be a big FU to Schaub right? Seems fitting anyway- that was just embarrassing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamoris

He shut him down just like the mods should shut this thread down.

Lol that's funny, but it does have other fights as having been won by decision as well, so I don't think it's just directed at Shaub

For that event only, they had judging. They decided to scrap it because apparently they felt it discouraged finishes but who cares, really?

Ironically, submission only matches are shown to have LESS finishes than points matches.

The post match press conference argument between Cyborg and Schaub was hilarious. Schaub is so delusional.

Saw thread, got excited we were getting another Abu Schaubi grappling match. Guess not :(

Saw thread, got excited we were getting another Abu Schaubi grappling match. Guess not :(

After that fight Schaub was banned from bjj. He's not even allowed to use it in his MMA fights.

Ironically, submission only matches are shown to have LESS finishes than points matches.

I remember Keenan saying something to the same effect.

He thinks that in sub only matches, if people are getting beaten, they're more likely to just hold on for the draw, instead of trying for points/subs to win in a points match.

But, of course, introducing points means the winner can stall instead.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I would like to see Fedor vs Schaub in a submission fight, nothing against Brendan.. its just curiosity on how he would defend all the subs thrown at him

I would like to see Fedor vs Schaub in a submission fight, nothing against Brendan.. its just curiosity on how he would defend all the subs thrown at him

Fedor had nowhere near the sub skill of abreyu.

You shut your Rick The Whorer Story mouths. Schwabbins is the future Metamoris HW champ. He KO'd a young, prime, supple, K1 champion named Michael Crop Cop. Y'all is just hatin'.

Schaub literally was just pushing the guy`s head with his wrist the entire time. almost like strikes really lol

I was there and I heckled him. I guess the volume of my voice was too loud because right then I got a text from Joe Rogan saying "He's hurt! He's hurt Mike!"

Ahhh the match where Shut Em' Down Schaub was born.

I think he would have a lot more success in MMA if employed that kind of strategy more often.

The post match press conference argument between Cyborg and Schaub was hilarious. Schaub is so delusional.

There's a gif somewhere showing Cyborg shaking his head in disbelief at the nonsense Schaub was saying.

The whole conference is a trainwreck. Have hated on Schaub since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back