SCARFACE (David Ayer No Longer Directing; Diego Luna to Star)

Update: July 12, 2017

David Ayer No Longer Directing SCARFACE Due to Scheduling Conflicts

LhLMvV3.jpg

Universal’s new take on the Scarface series looks to have hit another bump in the road — sources tell Variety that director David Ayer has left the project.

Ayer had taken over for Antoine Fuqua who had to leave due to scheduling issues with his sequel to the Equalizer.

Sources say Ayer’s schedule with his upcoming release of Netflix’s Bright, which stars Will Smith, and the studio’s aggressive schedule to get the film off the ground forced the split.

The studio still has Diego Luna on board to star, and are currently working fast to find a director who can take over the project, and hopefully get it up and running by this fall.

Dylan Clark is producing through his Dylan Clark Production banner along with Martin Bregman, who produced the 1983 original. The studio first bought rights to Scarface in 1932.

The film is set to open on August 10, 2018.

David Ayer Parts Ways With ‘Scarface’ Movie (Exclusive)

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Tyler Perry to direct

Go get yourself a XXXXL at the mall!

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

People are all over the place on the Star Wars pre-quils vs. the originals. If we're talking about plot... then the prequils kill it. 4 - 6 is simply good guyz try to get big bad while big bad tries to get them. The feel of the originalz is a lot of naustalgia... where we were first introduced to the force & that world.

There'z also a bigger sense of "the big bad" in 4 - 6... whereas the pre-quils rely on plot instead of raw bad guy vibe. So it's different strokes for different folks & all good. I personally like all of them... & I ain't trying to hear that 1 - 3 lacked when they delivered that mindblowing plot.

A senator who gains control of the Clone army & is also the leader of the resistance... & that waz all an underlying plan to turn a democratic senate into a totalitarian empire. Outstanding!

Not trying to derail the thread, but literally no one cares about senate resolutions, political hearings, trade disputes, or blockades. Prequels were a monument to George Lucas' hubris, thinking he could direct, write and cast a film with a plot that was cumbersome in design and saturated with cheap CGI. As opposed to the original films where it was the combined efforts of many that produced timeless classics. You won't see anyone thirty years from now feeling nostalgic about Jar Jar, or whiney Anakin, or Obi-wan riding a giant chicken lizard down the side of a mountain while battling a four-armed alien cyborg on his giant monowheel motorcycle.

Conflicted as I don't want a Scarface reboot but I like Diego luna and want to see him get roles.

Not trying to derail the thread, but literally no one cares about senate resolutions, political hearings, trade disputes, or blockades. Prequels were a monument to George Lucas' hubris, thinking he could direct, write and cast a film with a plot that was cumbersome in design and saturated with cheap CGI. As opposed to the original films where it was the combined efforts of many that produced timeless classics. You won't see anyone thirty years from now feeling nostalgic about Jar Jar, or whiney Anakin, or Obi-wan riding a giant chicken lizard down the side of a mountain while battling a four-armed alien cyborg on his giant monowheel motorcycle.

We disagree then. I feel 100% the exact opposite as you do. The plot was amazing, the movie visually stunning, & the characters memorable imo.

lol at cheap CGI. It waz excellent CGI imo. I'm not sitting around examining the lighting on a certain scene or the production value or whatever... I'm interested in sinking into the movie & having an enjoyable experience. If you're watching a movie & thinking to yourself that such & such director would've done it better or if they had this other costume designer or if they would've shot it old school instead of CGI it... or whatever... (technical aspects) you are completely missing the movie itself. You're robbing yourself of the experience a movie is offering in order to be a movie critic & speak of these things with your friends or on the forum.

You can't say "literally no-one cares" about the pre-quil plot while responding to someone who obviously does care. There are plenty of people out there that feel the same way.

Sorry it didn't float your boat but that doesn't mean that others didn't enjoy it. I'm actually pretty blown away by the depth of the plot. Like taking the movie in as if it actually happened... pretty amazing the planning & time it took to pull off imo.

Oh Suicide Squad for me it wasn't a good movie, but it had elements in it that made some parts fun and it had potential, also enjoyed the feeling of it, would have loved more Diablo and Joker.

I wouldn't necessary recommend it but it's not trash, I mean you can have fun with it and some people will enjoy it more then others it just depends how you vibe with it, tastes are funny like that for someone it can be a total miss and for others just the right match, for me SS didn't get me, I just had fun and nothing more forgot about it in 1 month after and no desire to re-watch it.

On the Star Wars Prequels they are considered the weakest among all in the trilogies and most likely the new trilogy will out do it by the end. But it still has fans, don't think everyone just hates it, in fact it has tons of fans, each of us appreciate stuff from it, EP 4 was the start of an incredible universe it was special, EP 5 was a masterpiece of a movie and continuations of the universe, EP 5 was just fun and a total fan feel to it, like wrapping everything up if you were growing up in the 80's then this was your shit right here.. EP 5 with the green lightsaber, with Leia (ehem) with the jungle the action it was amazing.

I'm going to confess I kinda like EP 1 more and more with years going by, strange but all this movies have a little bit of magic inside them, you can compare them to the first ones like I said they can't stand head to head those were lighting in a bottle, yea George should have had help in directing and writing it would have been a better product but he wanted to make it his own from a-z .. fucking it who he is the man so I'll go along with him wanting to do a complete trilogy.

My boy @Myrddin Wild has his own tastes and likes and he seemed to vibe better with SS and the Prequels then the average movie goer and you know what good for him, if someone can take joy from any work / art / movie then why should I be so defense about it, I just say my opinion and he says his and that's' it we exchange ideas and try to have a look at what the other guy sees when he looks at it, maybe you agree, maybe you disagree that's not the point the point is the exchange of ideas that's why we have so much fun when we talk about movies, some shouldn't take it that personal and never be to defensive about a certain opinion and view.

I've been trying for about a year now to get him to see them Mr. Plinkett Prequels reviews.. :D if I can ever 'trap' him to see just for EP 1 at least that.. maybe he likes it and watches them all but he can't seem to shake the character they created that super ironic and pessimistic, sociopath Mr. Plinkett. (any redlettermedia fans reading this, hi there :D)

Oh last.. Prequels had amazing CGI, in '99 those were epic no one was saying shit about it badly but it was kinda the start of things made on computers and green screen so yea I imagine the technology went way ahead and it the first versions of it didn't age well to our eyes. (practicals and models and real things always keep their shine better)

Yeah, this movie is destined to go the ways of the Ben Hur remake. Can't even get a name attached to it.

Oh Suicide Squad for me it wasn't a good movie, but it had elements in it that made some parts fun and it had potential, also enjoyed the feeling of it, would have loved more Diablo and Joker.

I wouldn't necessary recommend it but it's not trash, I mean you can have fun with it and some people will enjoy it more then others it just depends how you vibe with it, tastes are funny like that for someone it can be a total miss and for others just the right match, for me SS didn't get me, I just had fun and nothing more forgot about it in 1 month after and no desire to re-watch it.

On the Star Wars Prequels they are considered the weakest among all in the trilogies and most likely the new trilogy will out do it by the end. But it still has fans, don't think everyone just hates it, in fact it has tons of fans, each of us appreciate stuff from it, EP 4 was the start of an incredible universe it was special, EP 5 was a masterpiece of a movie and continuations of the universe, EP 5 was just fun and a total fan feel to it, like wrapping everything up if you were growing up in the 80's then this was your shit right here.. EP 5 with the green lightsaber, with Leia (ehem) with the jungle the action it was amazing.

I'm going to confess I kinda like EP 1 more and more with years going by, strange but all this movies have a little bit of magic inside them, you can compare them to the first ones like I said they can't stand head to head those were lighting in a bottle, yea George should have had help in directing and writing it would have been a better product but he wanted to make it his own from a-z .. fucking it who he is the man so I'll go along with him wanting to do a complete trilogy.

My boy @Myrddin Wild has his own tastes and likes and he seemed to vibe better with SS and the Prequels then the average movie goer and you know what good for him, if someone can take joy from any work / art / movie then why should I be so defense about it, I just say my opinion and he says his and that's' it we exchange ideas and try to have a look at what the other guy sees when he looks at it, maybe you agree, maybe you disagree that's not the point the point is the exchange of ideas that's why we have so much fun when we talk about movies, some shouldn't take it that personal and never be to defensive about a certain opinion and view.

I've been trying for about a year now to get him to see them Mr. Plinkett Prequels reviews.. :D if I can ever 'trap' him to see just for EP 1 at least that.. maybe he likes it and watches them all but he can't seem to shake the character they created that super ironic and pessimistic, sociopath Mr. Plinkett. (any redlettermedia fans reading this, hi there :D)

Oh last.. Prequels had amazing CGI, in '99 those were epic no one was saying shit about it badly but it was kinda the start of things made on computers and green screen so yea I imagine the technology went way ahead and it the first versions of it didn't age well to our eyes. (practicals and models and real things always keep their shine better)
All right Brother One.... I liked how you backed me in my un-popular pix here & I appreciate it.

What do you want me to see? Post a link & I will cringe through Mr. Plinkett if I must & try & give it yet another chance. :oops::p:D:p:oops:

We disagree then. I feel 100% the exact opposite as you do. The plot was amazing, the movie visually stunning, & the characters memorable imo.

lol at cheap CGI. It waz excellent CGI imo. I'm not sitting around examining the lighting on a certain scene or the production value or whatever... I'm interested in sinking into the movie & having an enjoyable experience. If you're watching a movie & thinking to yourself that such & such director would've done it better or if they had this other costume designer or if they would've shot it old school instead of CGI it... or whatever... (technical aspects) you are completely missing the movie itself. You're robbing yourself of the experience a movie is offering in order to be a movie critic & speak of these things with your friends or on the forum.

You can't say "literally no-one cares" about the pre-quil plot while responding to someone who obviously does care. There are plenty of people out there that feel the same way.

Sorry it didn't float your boat but that doesn't mean that others didn't enjoy it. I'm actually pretty blown away by the depth of the plot. Like taking the movie in as if it actually happened... pretty amazing the planning & time it took to pull off imo.

It's all good. You sound like you grew up with the prequels anyway. No one who grew up with the originals feels the prequels are the better trilogy.

All right Brother One.... I liked how you backed me in my un-popular pix here & I appreciate it.

What do you want me to see? Post a link & I will cringe through Mr. Plinkett if I must & try & give it yet another chance. :oops::p:D:p:oops:

Give and you shall receive. :D

Like I said it's just a character.. this guys love star wars more then us to be honest but that's there routine.. and I'm telling you they are the biggest fans of Star Wars and Star Trek out there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia/playlists?sort=dd&view=50&shelf_id=11

(first review it's split into smaller videos cause it was the early years of youtube when it was made)

Also if you can't really have fun with it and you just are constantly upset on them you can quit I don't want to torture you but I'm telling you if you give them a shot you will be have them on favorites, they are that good.

It's all good. You sound like you grew up with the prequels anyway. No one who grew up with the originals feels the prequels are the better trilogy.

Don't go there. :D

That's my advice. xD

(don't piss him off I just got him with Red Letter Media just now)

Give and you shall receive. :D

Like I said it's just a character.. this guys love star wars more then us to be honest but that's there routine.. and I'm telling you they are the biggest fans of Star Wars and Star Trek out there.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia/playlists?sort=dd&view=50&shelf_id=11

(first review it's split into smaller videos cause it was the early years of youtube when it was made)

Also if you can't really have fun with it and you just are constantly upset on them you can quit I don't want to torture you but I'm telling you if you give them a shot you will be have them on favorites, they are that good.

I'd never actually sat down to watch this guy's reviews (though I'd always heard about him online) and goddammit, after watching all the episode 1 clips I have to watch his clips on episodes 2 and 3. Can't wait to hear his take on the chicken lizard scene. #rekt

I'd never actually sat down to watch this guy's reviews (though I'd always heard about him online) and goddammit, after watching all the episode 1 clips I have to watch his clips on episodes 2 and 3. Can't wait to hear his take on the chicken lizard scene. #rekt

Haha yea the guys from RedLetterMedia are just great.. you should check out the rest of their shows and screw around maybe you find something else you like. :D

They are like 5 guys in total, they also make low budget movies, they have reviews and shows like "best of the worst" from old VHS movies.

This is the main one Mike. (voice of the sociopath Mr. Plinkett that likes to review movies and kill hookers)

2012-08-26_213346_fanexpo2012_063.JPG

This is the main 3: Mike, Jay, Rich.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back