Scaffold match for the WWC Junior Heavyweight Title - Huracán Castillo Jr. vs. Billy Joe Travis

So, while having the 4 planks is much better than the two (?) from the infamous Road Warriors/Midnight Express scaffold match, it's still a stupid as fuck match. You can't do really any moves. Even the power slam looked sketchy. They didn't even have medical around the ring in case shit happened, which I guess isn't THAT surprising for WWC.

If you've never had to get on one of those, it can be awkward transitioning from the vertical supports to the planks. The planks have a lot of give in them, especially the longer ones. That whole set up looked wobbly as shit.

So, while having the 4 planks is much better than the two (?) from the infamous Road Warriors/Midnight Express scaffold match, it's still a stupid as fuck match. You can't do really any moves. Even the power slam looked sketchy. They didn't even have medical around the ring in case shit happened, which I guess isn't THAT surprising for WWC.

If you've never had to get on one of those, it can be awkward transitioning from the vertical supports to the planks. The planks have a lot of give in them, especially the longer ones. That whole set up looked wobbly as shit.

Yea, I always liked the Puerto Rico scaffold better because it was wider so they could work on it a little bit but its still not gonna give you a great match, the only fun part of a scaffold match is the anticipation of waiting for the heel to fall, theres never gonna be great action and you already know the babyface is gonna win

- I never saw this type of match before.
Does that Cage from the movie Ready to Rumble exist?

i still own the DVD!

- I never saw this type of match before.
Does that Cage from the movie Ready to Rumble exist?

i still own the DVD!

Yes, it was the Triple Tower Of Doom cage from Great American Bash '88, another contraption that sounded a lot better than it actually turned out to be, that match was a total clusterfuck

Yes, it was the Triple Tower Of Doom cage from Great American Bash '88, another contraption that sounded a lot better than it actually turned out to be, that match was a total clusterfuck

- Do you think would worker with diferent wrestlers?
The Punjabi prison match comes to mind. But Batista made watchable!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back