Saw Fighter Mike Kyle and partner...

B

boooya777

Today while training at AKA i saw Mike Kyle and his training partner doing a jab cross hook combonation to the heavy bag one on each side back and forth. They were not wearing any gloves or wraps what so ever....just bare knuckle. The Bags were the heavy ones that we have at the gym and when his training partner showed a little pain and discomfort from hitting the combonation Kyle encouraged him to finish their workout. This is the first that i've seen of this type of training. I was wondering what the purpose of this excercise was? Is it designed to toughen up the wrist and knuckles? And why did Kyle encourage his partner to continue to hit? Also Kyle seems to be pretty knowledgable about many things being that he is also an instructor at our academy who teaches many classes during the day.

I forgot to mention that they were hitting the bag at maybe 20 percent to 25 percent power from what I estimated. One more question..were did this type or training originate? I'm guessing Kyle picked up this method why training with Mirko Filipovich while in Croatia cuz dem Croatians are tough sob's.

Hmmm, that sounds like a great way to bloody up your knuckles. I really do not know what the point of that could be.

Back