Social "Save a life, Surrender Your Knife" campaign in UK

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This seems to have been in the news last year, but I just found out about it.

knife_ban.png

Confirmed by snopes.com to be real, with more links and info.

http://www.snopes.com/2015/06/22/save-a-life-surrender-your-knife/

considering their entire cuisine comes in gelatinous form - they may not even need knives there.

My favourite part:

A call from the British Medical Journal was published several years ago, arguing that “many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon,” according to the BBC.

Researchers “consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen. None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed.”

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase — and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.

They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon.

The research is published in the British Medical Journal.

The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

They consulted 10 top chefs from around the UK, and found such knives have little practical value in the kitchen.

None of the chefs felt such knives were essential, since the point of a short blade was just as useful when a sharp end was needed."

Holy fuck - dont ban the alcohol - just the chef knives.

And that's what happens when you give fear-mongering reactionaries an inch.

Learn from them, America. When the govt. asks for your guns, tell it you want tanks :).

can't wait for the inevitable, "Give pointy sticks a kick!" campaign in the UK

If someone kills a person with a scalpel are they gonna confiscate scalpels from surgeons?

Wow. I'm so glad I'm not from the UK. So glad.

to be honest I'd rather get shot in the face than get stabbed a couple of times. There is a reason why serial killers usually use knives and strangulation methods instead of guns.

These weapons have not been a problem for 100s of years until a few cultures get their hands on them

This is why it's pointless to argue with gun grabbers. If they get their way, they just find something new to go after until nobody has anything.

Bunch of idiots....do you guys even know what type of people this is targeting?

Edit: wow, it has been going on for a year.

So... what happens down the line when stats say most assaults are via fists?

Are they going to have something like?:

A call from the British Medical Journal was published several hours ago, arguing that “many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and fists often makes it an all too available weapon,” according to the BBC.

Researchers “consulted 10 top Sherdoggers/teh UFCers from around the UK, and found such fists have little practical value in the workforce. None of teh UFCers felt such fists were essential, since the open palm of the hand was just as useful when a clenched fist was needed.”

At this point, the British people are so disarmed, the only defense they have against public and private crime is coarse language and stern looks.

Ban guns, switch to knives and knife assaults jumped. Ban knives, switch to.... ?

It's about time something was done. The knife lobby has blood on it's hands.

At this point, the British people are so disarmed, the only defense they have against public and private crime is coarse language and stern looks.

Is just offer tea and crumpets to my would be assailant....is disarm them with rich discourse and intellect.

What could go wrong??!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back