Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on WBCboxing TV

prod2821

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just fyi the WBC will be webcasting Saul Alvarez's fight tonight free of charge

WBC To webcast Alvarez fight

WBCBoxing.tv will present a live championship webcast – free of charge – on Saturday night (Please note: the webcast is not available in Mexico). Everyone is invited to watch at 12AM ET. In the main event, scheduled for 12 rounds from Arena VFG in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, teenage phenom Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, 32-0-1 with 24 knockouts, of Guadalajara, will face Luciano “El Principe” Cuello, 26-1 with 12 knockouts, of La Plata, Argentina, for the vacant WBC Silver super welterweight championship. Tickets are sold out at the arena, and a capacity crowd of 12,000 will be in attendance.

With eight more days to go after the fight before his 20th birthday, Alvarez is already a four-year pro and considered by many to be one of boxing’s top young prospects. He won the vacant North American Boxing Federation welterweight title in January, 2009, and made five successful title defenses. He also holds the WBC Youth welterweight title. Fighting for the first time at 154 pounds, Alvarez is ranked No. 3 at 147 pounds in the WBC’s May ratings.

The 26-year-old Cuello has won three fights in a row, two by knockout, since his only loss in a fast-paced, exciting battle against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in March, 2009. Cuello gave a very strong effort in the fight and won the last two rounds on two judges’ scorecards, but lost a close 10-round decision. He is ranked No. 16 at 147 pounds in the WBC’s May ratings.

In the co-featured bout scheduled for 10 rounds, WBC Youth female flyweight champion Irma “La Guerita” Sanchez, 17-3-1 with 5 knockouts, of Guadalajara, will face Soledad Macedo, 7-4-1 with 3 knockouts, of Salto, Uruguay, for the vacant WBC Female Silver light flyweight title.

Sanchez, 22 years old, has won four fights in a row and is ranked WBC No. 1 in the female light flyweight ratings. She also holds the WBC Youth Female flyweight title, as well as the NABF Female light flyweight title. Macedo, 27 years old, is the Uruguayan female light flyweight champion and has a six-fight winning streak.

The fights will be televised live in Mexico on Channel 2-Televisa at 11:00 P.M. (23:00 hrs) Central Time.

WBCBoxing.tv webcasts are also available for viewing at any time in the archives on both WBCBoxing.tv and Suljos.tv. On the player at the bottom of the video, select the “Free On Demand” button to see the archived choices.

Boxing - WBC To webcast Alvarez fight

THanks for the heads up bro

Pretty good fight. lol 5th round they just went all out.

Canelo with the knockdown in the 1st with a left hook

Another dominate round by Canelo, left hook knockdown in the 2nd

round 6 ref stoppage, Canelo busted Cuello up.

haha vicente fernandez in the ring all excited

We are getting a little tired of the quality of Canelo's opponents, before the Cotto fight he promised to make a run for the world title (any title) but since he almost got KO’d in the first in that fight, fucking Oscar de la Hoya send him back to pampering world for the rest of the year.

He was above Chavez Jr. for us boxing followers in Mexico, but after the Chavez vs Duddy fight, I don’t know man Canelo went back a few steps with this meaningless fight.

Chavez looked pretty good and ready to take better challenges, Canelo had already proved that last year, why go back to fighting cans?

We are getting a little tired of the quality of Canelo's opponents, before the Cotto fight he promised to make a run for the world title (any title) but since he almost got KO

yea he's just gonna turn 20, been fight since he was 14 I believe. He's supposedly might be on the Mosley-Mora card

you really want him to step up big time and get plastered?

i mean he didnt have an amateur career either so i dont blame him
Actually I thought Saul had an am career and Chavez Jr didn't?

Some guy made a thread about Chavez Jr vs Cotto here, i lol'd at that idea.

Edit: Just looked it up, Saul had about 20 am bouts not much in the grand scheme of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back