Saturated fat studies???

T_Money_

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone got any good PEER-REVIEWED studies or articles on the topic of saturated fat. I need some to convince my dumbass nutrition prof that saturated fats aren't the red-headed step-child of the fats.

search on pub med etc. Google it, New England Journal of Medicine etc

google scholar, look up posts by mikemartial. He posts studies or blogs which site studies. Look up articles by Berardi and see if you can find any citations.

Look at the evidence for the lypid hypothesis and poke holes in that evidence.

Anyone got any good PEER-REVIEWED studies or articles on the topic of saturated fat. I need some to convince my dumbass nutrition prof that saturated fats aren't the red-headed step-child of the fats.

My experience with >my< nutrition prof. was a poor one. No matter how much evidence I showed her proving that aspartame did not BURN HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN (I swear she's a complete idiot), whole wheat grains are BETTER for you than white, that it's beneficial only to drink water & milk, etc...she didn't believe it, and just peppered me with mark deductions. I still got an A, which doesn't add up based on the BS grades she gave me on individual assignments..but yeh, don't hold your breath trying to change his thinking..regardless of what proof you have.

My experience with >my< nutrition prof. was a poor one. No matter how much evidence I showed her proving that aspartame did not BURN HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN (I swear she's a complete idiot), whole wheat grains are BETTER for you than white, that it's beneficial only to drink water & milk, etc...she didn't believe it, and just peppered me with mark deductions. I still got an A, which doesn't add up based on the BS grades she gave me on individual assignments..but yeh, don't hold your breath trying to change his thinking..regardless of what proof you have.

What university do you go to, what was the name of your professor? Nutrition professors do usually advice against aspartame, but all of the ones I come across or heard about recommend whole grains over white and water as the best drink. I have a feeling that this professor can be fired easily.

haha i don't wanna give names u can get in trouble for that stuff!

Trust me dude, I won't do anything too crazy, I 'll just forward his name to the my old nutrition professor and let him handle it.

Edit: ohhh, you meant you will get in trouble. Good thinking, this is a public forum. Just pm me the name then.

Seriously, this makes me so mad. That professor is seriously putting the health of all his students in danger. Especially with his grain recommendation.

What did he say was better than water? Fruit juices? Sodas!??!?!?

Trust me dude, I won't do anything too crazy, I 'll just forward his name to the my old nutrition professor and let him handle it.

Edit: ohhh, you meant you will get in trouble. Good thinking, this is a public forum. Just pm me the name then.

Seriously, this makes me so mad. That professor is seriously putting the health of all his students in danger. Especially with his grain recommendation.

Well, "he" was a she - and easily pushing 300 pounds.

Nothing would happen and they wouldn't lose their job. Its not that simple. Close to half of all professors in that field aren't current on things.

Nothing would happen and they wouldn't lose their job. Its not that simple. Close to half of all professors in that field aren't current on things.

I know, but c'mon, 'whole grains aren't better than white bread'? That isn't current, that was probably known before these professors were even born. Even the most ignorant people probably know what whole grains are better than white bread.

I would imagine a professor at a public university would get canned if they preached creationism and debunked evolution, I think the same might happen in this case.

It won't happen in this case. I have been down that road with a University in utah. Just because some of us know more, or know better, doesn't mean it lines pocket books of Universities, tenured professors do.

It won't happen in this case. I have been down that road with a University in utah. Just because some of us know more, or know better, doesn't mean it lines pocket books of Universities, tenured professors do.

A 300 lbs person who believes that white bread is better than whole grains, I doubt she's gonna live long enough to be tenured, lol. She's probably some new professor who just slipped through the cracks. I know professors are behind the times many aspects, but I haven't come across any instance where they recommend white over whole grains or water as not the best drink.

BTW likkuid, your PM box is full.

Like I said. obviously you have not been down this road, and I highly doubt you have the education or experiance to decide who is tenured at a University.

I went into it with a old prof over PWO and paleo vs food pyramid etc. It included phone calls from Dr. Cordain etc. You know what changed? Nothing I go to a different school. Sorry dude, but you are living in a fantasy world if you think anything can or will be done about it.

If she was a new professor then it wouldn't be as much of a issue as post grad courses in nutrition etc, have advanced light years in the past five years. So there goes that theory. We can call her dumb etc, but it changes nothing, and if over all GPA is a issue, sometimes its better to shut up.

Like I said. obviously you have not been down this road, and I highly doubt you have the education or experiance to decide who is tenured at a University.

I was joking about her not living long enough to be tenured. I meant that she so unhealthy, that she would probably get a heart attack and die before she could get tenured. Lame joke, I know :icon_conf

I went into it with a old prof over PWO and paleo vs food pyramid etc. It included phone calls from Dr. Cordain etc. You know what changed? Nothing I go to a different school. Sorry dude, but you are living in a fantasy world if you think anything can or will be done about it.

If she was a new professor then it wouldn't be as much of a issue as post grad courses in nutrition etc, have advanced light years in the past five years. So there goes that theory. We can call her dumb etc, but it changes nothing, and if over all GPA is a issue, sometimes its better to shut up.

Well, I'm convinced that there is nothing I can do about it, but still curious about what university she teaches at. Nutrition professors in general are dumb, but I never heard of one who fails as hard as she does.

Can you post or pm the name of the university you go to? I tried pm-ing you, but your box was full.

I cleared my PM - why does it matter, anyways? It's not like anyone's getting their degree in Nutrition, it's just a gen-ed option. And the teacher's excuse for pretty much everything I wrote was that it wasn't "realistic". I'm sure nothing was realistic for her, she's a friggen whale with no self-control.

I cleared my PM - why does it matter, anyways? It's not like anyone's getting their degree in Nutrition, it's just a gen-ed option. And the teacher's excuse for pretty much everything I wrote was that it wasn't "realistic". I'm sure nothing was realistic for her, she's a friggen whale with no self-control.

I know, but your professor is the worst out of every nutrition professor I've ever heard about. I just curious which uni is responsible for this spectacular fail.

University of Toronto?

The guy has politely informed you a few times that he doesn't want to share that.

Back