Santos/Holland was the best fight of UFC 227

TITS

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even Dana praised "big mouth" Kevin Holland at the post-fight presser, even though he lost to Thiago. They should have gotten the FOTN bonus, not those decisionators from the co-main.

thiago-marreta-santos-kevin-holland-ufc-227-5.jpg

Santos/Holland was the best fight of UFC 227.

Santos looks like the result of a grizzly bear mating with a tree.

The fact that Holland took that beating the whole fight and didn't vaporize is a testament, at least, to his durability.

I agree....most exciting fight of the card.

Even Dana praised "big mouth" Kevin Holland at the post-fight presser, even though he lost to Thiago. They should have gotten the FOTN bonus, not those decisionators from the co-main.

thiago-marreta-santos-kevin-holland-ufc-227-5.jpg

Santos/Holland was the best fight of UFC 227.
B eye.gif

It had its moments, but it was too one sided for me to consider it one of the best fights.

It was a unanimous 30-27, wasn’t it?

100% agree with that was a war, Holland landed some savage shots looked like he could upset Santos while deliveredeverything to try and finish it all 3 rounds. But it is what it is.

What was exciting about it?? Holland pulled guard for a sloppy omoplata. Santos landed some decent ground and pound then went for 2 failed arm triangles. I was there live and the crowd even booed at one point. Lol

I said the TJ fight.

17785d1c36fcb8e10.gif
That was the craziest sequence of the night. 3 right hands in a row. Cody's ego didn't allow him to simply back off after the first landed.

The amount of stock people put into cocky trash talk from a person getting their ass handed to them is sad.

The amount of stock people put into cocky trash talk from a person getting their ass handed to them is sad.

Holland was the only guy who would take the fight, he didn't even get picked for a contract on the Contender Series. Dana likes it when guys step up and will fight anyone, not cherry pickers.

I thought the main card aside from chick fight was great. Moicano vs Cub delivered. Dj vs Cejudo was awesome and so was the main. No complaints nor worries about which was the best for me. They were all good n im glad considering most thought its a trash card.

While Holland was getting GnP’d apparently he was talking to Thiago saying something along the lines of,

“Ow why you hittin me so hard man”

Funniest fight of the card maybe, Holland's standup is pretty laughable.

Funniest fight of the card maybe, Holland's standup is pretty laughable.

DWCS might be filling the roster with bums. But Holland's standup is a helluva lot better than Maycee Barber or Chase Hooper who both got signed to the UFC even though they both looked amateurish.

I thought Munhoz vs Johns was better

Both were one sided, but Johns was more entertaining while he was getting beat up than Holland was

Back