Law San Francisco is officially the first US city to ban e-cigarette sales

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
I get that more kids are vaping now, but aren't e cigs still a decent alternative to smoking? I'm assuming tobacco is still legal.

San Francisco's expected ban on e-cigarettes is about to become a practical reality. The city has voted in favor of a measure banning sales and and deliveries of e-cigarette products, making it the first urban center to approve just such a measure. Mayor London Breed has 10 days to review the law, but that may be a formality when she has already expressedsupport for the legislation. It should take effect seven months after signing, and won't lift until the FDA has finished reviewing the health effects.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/25/san-francisco-passes-e-cigarette-ban/

Meh, I'm pro choice. If people want to smoke poison let em

Don't feel real strong on the issue though

Gonna be a lot of sad hipsters in Frisco.

Poop wherever you like, but no smoking... makes perfect sense.

Seems strange to ban the sale of e-cigarettes but not actual cigarettes.

giphy.gif

Poop wherever you like, but no smoking... makes perfect sense.
When I was a smoker, I enjoyed a smoke while taking a dump. Of course this was before smart phones and all that.

Seems strange to ban the sale of e-cigarettes but not actual cigarettes.
The only reasoning I can think is that vapes fall under e-cigs and flavors like Birthday Cake and Cotton Candy and shit while not out and out marketed to kids it's obviously a flavor/scent kids will gravitate too.

Flavored cigars have been getting talked about in the similar way (not just those nasty ass Swisher's but also good long filler cigars like CAO Honey or the Drew Estate Java line) of getting regulated to avoid children from getting into it.

I used to think it was stupid but the guy who I am living with has two kids, one that is 9 and another is 3 and me and my buddy made breakfast the other night (cream cheese pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon) and the 9 year old took a single pancake (they were the thickness of those Swedish pancakes you can get) and dumped a TON of Boysenberry syrup on it and only wanted to eat the blueberries and shit.

Vapes shouldn't be sold to people under 18 cause of the nicotine but doing what I do now, EVERY damn kid that gets in trouble seems to get banged up on having a vape as well.

When I was a smoker, I enjoyed a smoke while taking a dump. Of course this was before smart phones and all that.

Same here. In my teen years I smoked and worked at a pizza place... Dumps and smokes just seemed to go together

Strange? Not at all.

Uh actual cigarettes have been linked to the deaths of hundreds of thousands annually directly and indirectly, just in the United States alone.

Seems like a bigger problem if you ask me.

Uh actual cigarettes have been linked to the deaths of hundreds of thousands annually directly and indirectly, just in the United States alone.

Seems like a bigger problem if you ask me.
Big Tobacco has more clout than vape companies is my point.

they need to just increase taxes on smokers by like 100% and reduce taxes on non smokers. Crazy how we ban asbestos but not smoking

Order over the Internet. This effectively shuts big tobacco out of the gas station e-cig market, so that's a positive.

The smoke really bothers the transients when they are shitting on the sidewalk near a smoker so I’m all for this.

I get that more kids are vaping now, but aren't e cigs still a decent alternative to smoking? I'm assuming tobacco is still legal.

San Francisco's expected ban on e-cigarettes is about to become a practical reality. The city has voted in favor of a measure banning sales and and deliveries of e-cigarette products, making it the first urban center to approve just such a measure. Mayor London Breed has 10 days to review the law, but that may be a formality when she has already expressedsupport for the legislation. It should take effect seven months after signing, and won't lift until the FDA has finished reviewing the health effects.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/25/san-francisco-passes-e-cigarette-ban/
Shit in the streets, shoot up in public, give someone HIV, steal anything valued under $950...but don't you dare vape that e-cig!

so the adjacent communities will reap all that profit instead?

I foresee delivery services popping up, like when my city 'banned' Weed dispensaries yet delivery services just label themselves as listed outside the city........too easy

Back