Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection (Includes SSV PERFECT and rollback netcode)

Crimson Fury

Elijah Modnar
@Silver
Reaction score

cszeo6ka4a151.jpg

This collection contains SS1 to SSV Special and the unreleased SSV Perfect. SSV Perfect made it to location tests before SNK (who didn't even know about the game) pulled it. Interesting story here:

Also if you purchase this through the Epic Game Store from June 11th to June 18th, it'll be free to keep. Afterwards, it will be released on Steam and then followed by PS4 and Switch on July 28th.

@JohnSAFTAHess @saikyom

Last edited:
I loved Samurai Shodown growing up. I remember a local comic book shop had a Neo Geo for sale and being sad I didn't have enough money to buy it. Those things were expensive.
The games were $200. :eek:

I didn't know a single kid that had a Neo Geo growing up.

Those SanSho or Neo Geo arcades with a few different SNK games on 'em were everywhere tho. Pizza parlors, 7-11's, laundry mats.

The Neo Geo games for the system were the same boards as the arcade, that's why they were so expensive.

Samsho 5 Perfect being released is so fucking awesome. Crazy how they even managed to find the source, was listening to how they managed to find it the other day.

I'm treating it like a new release, can't wait. I'm hoping the mock up for that physical edition was just an actual picture, I want that shit.

Just got a Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro with the PS4 adapter on big sale, ordered some Seimitsu parts to replace the stick and buttons.. can't wait to test this fucker out on Perfect.

Samsho 5 Perfect being released is so fucking awesome. Crazy how they even managed to find the source, was listening to how they managed to find it the other day.

I'm treating it like a new release, can't wait. I'm hoping the mock up for that physical edition was just an actual picture, I want that shit.

Just got a Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro with the PS4 adapter on big sale, ordered some Seimitsu parts to replace the stick and buttons.. can't wait to test this fucker out on Perfect.

It might as well be. Only a few people got to play it.

This collection isn't by Code Mystics who upgraded the netcode to Garou, Last Blade 2, KOF 97, and SSVSpecial which were great. This is by Digital Eclipse who released SF 30th Anniversary and the netcode wasn't bad, but not that great either.

Back