Samuel Peter To Fight In UK vs Skelton or Audley Harrison

Audley Harrison would eb a great matchup but he hasn't done anything recently to deserve the title shot.

Out of the two, Audley has the better abilities to be a champion but he hasn't really put it together... Time's really not on his side.

God, Harrison pisses me off - he has all the tools and when he puts it together he can be frightening, but there is something in his head that just isn't connected right.

Barry McGuigan got it right - Harrison lives in this dellusional world and just doesn't seem to put the work in. Even after beating Barnett (unconvincingly) he was talking about fighting David Haye for a title.

Lets hope David Haye doesn't turn into another one of our over-hyped heavyweights!

And all 3 hold wins over Danny Williams.
Yes, but thats not close to being the same thing, is it.

Every one of those fighters needed rematches (or three fights) to get a win over Williams and never granted a further fight once they got their win, which tcompletely cheapens their "victory".

Yes, but thats not close to being the same thing, is it.

Every one of those fighters needed rematches (or three fights) to get a win over Williams and never granted a further fight once they got their win, which tcompletely cheapens their "victory".

I'd say it's pretty damn close to be the same thing yes. Harrison knocked him out in 3 rounds & at 70% of his mental game would again destroy Williams. Skelton was unlucky to lose the first fight by split decision but then redeemed himself. There's been no outcry for a rubber match with either fight, to me it's pretty certain Williams would just lose again. He holds a 2-1 over Sprott, but Sprott won the last fight between them. My response to you was just pointing out it's not like these 3 guys are people Williams has dominated, they're guys who have also beat Williams. In relation to this thread I don't think there is any strong argument for why Williams deserves a title shot over Skelton or Harrison..

It's nothing close to the same thing. Williams beat all three of them. By himself. You get that?

Sprott didn't win ANY of the fights with Williams and got one of the shadiest decisions I've ever seen in that third match. He spent the previous fight trying to stich his head back onto his shoulders after Williams sparked him rotten.

Skelton was unlucky to lose to Williams huh? Like I guess he was unlucky to be knocked stupid towards the end of the fight and unlucky not to have his senses permanently removed. Unlucky. Ha.

So what was Harrison when Williams beat his ass the first time? 69%?

There's no outcry for rematches with these guys, because nobody likes Williams. There was no outcry for rematches when Williams beat them either....yet the fights happened. Wonder why.

And no, I don't think Williams deserves any kind of title shot. None of these scrubs do. My point was simply that a guy not even being talked about, has beaten each of these retards already.

It's nothing close to the same thing. Williams beat all three of them. By himself. You get that?

Sprott didn't win ANY of the fights with Williams and got one of the shadiest decisions I've ever seen in that third match. He spent the previous fight trying to stich his head back onto his shoulders after Williams sparked him rotten.

Skelton was unlucky to lose to Williams huh? Like I guess he was unlucky to be knocked stupid towards the end of the fight and unlucky not to have his senses permanently removed. Unlucky. Ha.

So what was Harrison when Williams beat his ass the first time? 69%?

There's no outcry for rematches with these guys, because nobody likes Williams. There was no outcry for rematches when Williams beat them either....yet the fights happened. Wonder why.

And no, I don't think Williams deserves any kind of title shot. None of these scrubs do. My point was simply that a guy not even being talked about, has beaten each of these retards already.

Yes because Skelton was so close to having his 'senses permantely removed' by Danny Williams.... :icon_neut

In the first fight Harrison's state of mind was embarassing, the guy looked petrified to be in a boxing ring. Second time he came in mentally prepared and absolutely whiped the floor with Williams.

Wonder why the rematches happened? Hmmm could it possibly be because the first Skelton fight was a split decision? And then could the Harrison rematch have been an oppurtunity for both guys to bounce back? & It's not like Williams had anywhere else to go, we all saw how he got taken to pieces last time he moved up to the world level and fought for a title.

I don't think any of them deserve a shot either. And least of all Danny Williams. A guy who was beaten in his last outing against all 3. And Sprott isn't even being mentioned as a possible challenger.

Each poster has a favorite between Williams, Skelton and Harrison here, but the two common themes are A) That this certainly IS a tune-up for Peter, And B) Frustration with the 3 top UK heavyweights.

I can

Each poster has a favorite between Williams, Skelton and Harrison here, but the two common themes are A) That this certainly IS a tune-up for Peter, And B) Frustration with the 3 top UK heavyweights.

I can

spot on kid

completley agree on danny williams, sometimes he looks like a scared little girl in the ring, its fuckin unreal!

Back