Same old Silva? or Uninspired Egotist?

Geo_Mac

The Don
@Green
Reaction score
I've always been in awe of what Silva has been able to accomplish in the world of MMA but ever since just a few fights before he first fought Weidman I've felt as if the Silva that we're seeing fight today is no longer the striking sharpshooter that once held the longest active win stream in the UFC.

It's as if Silva eventually got bored of completely wrecking house in the UFC and just decided to try out a couple of things that he usually only attempts in training. It's as if he's just testing himself to see what he can and can't get away with when he's fighting.

Anyone else feel like he just doesn't have the drive to be the killer he used to be?

i figured a beast like rockhold at the top of the division would motivate him, that would be a solid fight

but hes just playin around too much, at this point in his career maybe its for the best

Yah, he has fallen off that's for sure.

It's his style ...it's always been his style ....the things he is doing to you and the average mma fan looks like he's f'n around ...but it's a part of his style ...it a bit of a mental game that only a fighter who's fought understands...Silva is engaging in psychological warfare while inside the locked Octagon ....

He's trying to get his opponents into thinking they are not doing enough or anything against him and in the heat of the moment with the crowd, adrenaline it works against his opponents.

These ploys and tricks he does looks like showboating but its to set up his strikes ...its to break the rhythm of his opponent.

He is an Icon. The spider will always be in history. Now, reality is they ALL eventually fall. What amazes me about him is the chin he has at 40. I think of Chuck Liddell and now aldo. The all fall. Even Conor will eventually. I love this sport has not one gets permanently hurt regardless. God bles

]

Back