Sambo Clarified

Awesome! I wish there was a local Sambo School. in my personal opinion that style does the best job of bridging all the gaps of wrestling, Judo and submission grappling. We need more schools Steve!!!!

Last edited:
Steve, I notice a fairly serious ankle brace on your left leg. Is that the same one that you snapped in that training video? Is it still having problems?

I cringe when I think of that video. :)

there was a sambo seminar in concord some time ago. I still kick myself for missing it.

If you ever want to Holiday in Sweden you can sleep on my couch and i only demand a couple of privates and a seminar :p

Sambo is awesome. Been training under a Russian Master of Sport for the past 5 years, im lucky, i know.

Sambo Steve does loads for promoting the art in the USA...cool guy

Fantastic art but next to impossible to find a good Sambo gym in the US. BJJ has been marketed much more effectively..

Fantastic art but next to impossible to find a good Sambo gym in the US. BJJ has been marketed much more effectively..

Sambo has to do it more grass roots. After the first UFC's Brazilians saw the $$$ signs and came running. Here in the US with Sambo we are not so lucky. The Russians don't seem to be dropping everything and coming over. So we have to wait for people like Steve to train guys good enough that want to move about the USA and open their own schools.

Luckily I am in Florida, it is a matter of time before someone decides the Clearwater area is a nice place to live and work.

I attended a Sambo clinic in Iowa last month and I really enjoyed it. Like most, I wish there where more Sambo schools in the States.

Sambo is awesome. Been training under a Russian Master of Sport for the past 5 years, im lucky, i know.

Sambo Steve does loads for promoting the art in the USA...cool guy

hell yeah we're jealous, and fuck yeah, that's awesome!

correct me if i am wrong, you need to be a member at a Sambo affiliated academy to attend?

I don't believe so. It was posted as an open invite here on this board.

Steve, I notice a fairly serious ankle brace on your left leg. Is that the same one that you snapped in that training video? Is it still having problems?

I cringe when I think of that video. :)

Yeah. Still have a bit of a rough time with the stand up. I pushed it a bit for the video. Sore for a while after that...LOL. But, 6 months out, it feels pretty good considering what went down.

Thanks to the guys at Submission control for the video!

Back