Sam Stout's One Month Old Daughter Passes Away

I can only imagine how bad that must be... My condolences to the parents. Hope they're emotionally recovering from this as good as possible.
He and his wife are both very kind and intelligent people. He's an engineer and she's a doctor. They have since had another child, but it's not the kind of thing you ever truly get over.

In the wake of it, my friend wrote an essay about it that was so good there was a story about it in the local paper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ottawa...wcm/cfb4baae-4f69-4e73-add4-dab802d9355c/amp/

I feel legitimately bad for these guys and I'm sorry they don't have certain things that will cover the funeral costs. It's so unfortunate.

Yeah it kind of ended our relationship. We both never recovered, alot more to the story but it's a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone especially if you actually WANT to be a father
I am very sorry to hear that man...
I wish you and her all the best for the future.

With you it's already quite some people in here saying they've experienced this (or had someone really close experiencing this).
My condolences to her, the father and everyone close with her, including you of course, as well.
The death of someone is always hard to deal with, but it's so much worse when it's unexpected.

Hopefully science improves further in order to fight/avoid tragedies like these.
I appreciate that my friend, thank you.
FWIW, shes clean and back to teaching school, and doing well as far as I know.

Couldn't be prouder of her

Horrifying. God bless his family, I wish him all the best for the future

So sad...RIP. I can't imagine going to check on your daughter expecting to watch her sleep then find her like that.

He and his wife are both very kind and intelligent people. He's an engineer and she's a doctor. They have since had another child, but it's not the kind of thing you ever truly get over.

In the wake of it, my friend wrote an essay about it that was so good there was a story about it in the local paper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ottawa...wcm/cfb4baae-4f69-4e73-add4-dab802d9355c/amp/

Read the article and will read the essay soon as well.

I think it's a great thing that they've found the strength to talk about it and that they do not want this subject to be a taboo-subject, because people shouldn't be expected to "just get over it" like she says, especially when not talking about it.

We're no longer together. We haven't spoken since our break up. She was pregnant and willingly working 70 hour weeks along with taking care of her horse. We fought constantly because of it. Begged her to quit her job and to let me take care of her horse while she rested but she was stubborn and had to do it all herself. I honestly prefer to never see her again. She even kept the news when she lost the baby from me for 2 days.
That wasn't really intelligent from her to put it nicely, but that's as far is i go with judging her, i don't think i'm in the position to judge about people going through something as bad as this, even under these circumstances.
But i understand why you don't want to see her ever again.

If i didn't have some things going on myself right now i'd offer you to chat with me if talking about it helps, but even then, someone who shares the same experience like you is certainly a much better conversational partner than i am.

Take care man.

That's awful. There's nothing anyone can even say to make that better. My son just turned 5 yesterday. It makes me that much more grateful that he's healthy.

Sam has always been one of my favs, sad to hear this news. RIP

Yeah it kind of ended our relationship. We both never recovered, alot more to the story but it's a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone especially if you actually WANT to be a father
You never get over it. You just learn to live with it.

Damn. I can't even imagine.

Losing a child is the worst thing a parent can go through. I'm so sorry he had to suffer this loss.

Holding my daughter while reading this and that was my biggest fear. RIP . I have no words.

Ah shit man that has to be the worst feeling , to be blessed to have a child then lose it almost instantly.

:(

Words can't mend his broken heart, only time will help heal SOME of those wounds

Very sad news. I'm clueless as to how a baby can just die in their sleep ? My heart hurts for him and his wife.
It’s crazy. When people say “you’ll understand when you have a child”, it’s almost annoying. Until you have one. Your purpose in life changes almost instantly and it’s the greatest fear I can imagine. It changes your every fiber and you love something more than you could ever imagine. I wouldn’t wish that loss upon my worst enemy. Absolutely awful news.

Back