Salad Dressings?

ss4vegeta1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Getting kinda bored of olive oil and vinegar. I really miss the creamy salad dressings. Any of you know any good clean brand names?

You could try different vinegars and mix up the herbs a little bit. Swap around your zests and juices. You can do a lot with vinaigrettes.

If I am being honest tho, I fucking love ranch and keep a bottle in the fridge. I know it is complete junk but I can put a tablespoon on a huge healthy salad and still sleep well at night.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for some bottled dressing as well. I don't lose any sleep over it.

I believe it's Kraft who makes a Roasted Red Pepper Vinegrette. It's awesome. One of my faves. Most of those creamy dressigns are available in a fat-free version though.

I believe it's Kraft who makes a Roasted Red Pepper Vinegrette. It's awesome. One of my faves. Most of those creamy dressigns are available in a fat-free version though.

Those fat free versions are nasty tho.

IMO

Eat the ones witht he fat in them then. Just don't drown your salad in it. Put a tiny bit on your salad and put your salad in a tupperware container. Shake it up until your whole salad is coated.

when i "need" ranch I go with the Annies Natural's ... it doesn't have the best oil (CANOLA AND/OR SUNFLOWER) in it but it's not too bad otherwise....

On occasion when I am really feeling productive i'll make my own with this recipe:
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 c. mayonnaise
2 t. dried parsley
1/2 t. dried dill weed
1 t. minced garlic
1/4 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. celery salt

- i will use an olive oil based mayo or make my own to avoid the bad oils

I was all about low fat/fat free too awhile back when I was still scared about all the fat myths. If you look at the label on those low fat/fat free products, often times you'll find that except for the calorie count, there's a lot MORE bad shit in them than the full fat versions. Miracle Whip is a prime example of this. Now I just eat the full fat versions of everything provided they have no trans fats in them. That's a fat I can do without.

just eat the salad dressing and don't worry about it.

As you can tell there are quite a few people in here that DO understand the negative effects of too many O6's, PUFA's and the issues with rancidity and oxidation that are contained in most bottled dressing ... Why even bother with a trivial response like that when it was blatantly obvious the TS was looking for the clean healthy alternatives?

That MDA link had a similar recipe, but I'll give mine as well.

1/3 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic pressed (more or less, to taste)
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 tsp worchestshire sauce
1 egg
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard

Throw all in a blender, and you're done. I make a quadrupal batch of this every week and use it to make chicken caesar salads or to just dip veggies in. It's definately one of my staples.

Back