Saki vs Bonjaski !!!

Bad.Boy88

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I just seen in Gokan's Saki official Facebook page that Remy Bonjaski acceped his challange!! This is good news for all kickboxings fans...what do you think guys, will Glory do this event?? I know they fought one time in the past(with Remy coming on top with a Ko) but who do you think has the advantage now? Is Saki in batter shape(we didnt see him for a while also) is Remy finnished?

Not all that exciting considering Remy is spent. Glad Saki is back tho.

I'll accept a fight against either of them too. Doesn't mean it'll happen.
Pay me 100k and I'll Maurice Jackson the fuck out of it.

They've both wanted bigger paydays but don't really seem to draw to justify it, so I don't know why would Glory pay them unless they agree for whatever they normally pay.

Last edited:
I'll accept a fight against either of them too. Doesn't mean it'll happen.
Pay me 100k and I'll Maurice Jackson the fuck out of it.

They've both wanted bigger paydays but don't really seem to draw to justify it, so I don't know why would Glory pay them unless they agree for whatever they normally pay.
Glory seems flush with cash again so maybe they get off their asses and try to do a big show at the amsterdam arena. Even thou it could probably never happen because of badr's legal troubles an event at the big arena headlined by rico vs badr 2 and saki vs bonjasky 2 could probably move some tickets.

Collision was in Germany cause they couldn't yeah.

me personaly I am delighted that two big names of the kickboxing world come back,kickboxing needs them in this time when mma seems to take up...I want to see also back Spong,Ghita....and does anybody know something about Ruslan Karaev ?he was one of my favorites, he had a superb style to watch

This is a crap fight. The only way it will be good is if Saki has aged considerably and is past it. because Bonjasky is completely past it. remy deserved to lose to a 40 year old Crocop and I doubt he has gotten any younger recently.
It's basically a tune up fight for Saki and not even a good one.

Just remind yourself that Banjasky should be on a 4 fight losing streak and hasn't fought in 2 years. He lost to Saddik, he got knocked out by Spong (which wouldn't be that abd if he didn't get knocked out brutally), he lost to fucking Anderson Silva and he lost to a 40 year old Crocop......and now he's 40 years old himself.......why

Stop it. The Cro Cop fight wasn't a robbery. Remy won that fair and square.

Saki will demolish bonjasky!! Bonjasky one of many great fighters in the golden era of kickboxing. But he comes out of retirment for al the wrong reasons. the hype around the badr vs rico fight messed with his mind....

Glory seems flush with cash again so maybe they get off their asses and try to do a big show at the amsterdam arena. Even thou it could probably never happen because of badr's legal troubles an event at the big arena headlined by rico vs badr 2 and saki vs bonjasky 2 could probably move some tickets.

I hope not. When fighter pay went up in the early 2000s in K-1, did it go down in the latter half of the decade? Nope. These guys didn't draw like they used to, but everyone wants a check. Even it means never getting their full pay and the company going broke! I believe that's called economics "resources are limited, but our wants are unlimited". Glory is smart to not waste money on talent. If there's other orgs willing to pay the price, that great for the fighters! If not, then they're over-pricing themselves.

I hope not. When fighter pay went up in the early 2000s in K-1, did it go down in the latter half of the decade? Nope. These guys didn't draw like they used to, but everyone wants a check. Even it means never getting their full pay and the company going broke! I believe that's called economics "resources are limited, but our wants are unlimited". Glory is smart to not waste money on talent. If there's other orgs willing to pay the price, that great for the fighters! If not, then they're over-pricing themselves.
You're totally right...that's exactly Tyrone's Spong problem...he wants and expects real big pay checks and that's way he losses time building a career in pro boxing(I am saying he is lossing time because he's in his prime now at 31, he';s a great kickboxer he should use his talent not waste it...I dont see him getting a title shot at any boxing heavyweight belt in a short time..)
I know they fight for money but they prefer to not fight at all(and get no money!!) than fight for what is offered....a fighters career is limited by time, so they dont have time to losse.. so fight and take oportunities on the way, build big fights that fans want and money will come!!

#1 Fighter pay went down dramatically in the latter half of the decade in k1. #2 glory has already blown a shit ton on talent and then put them in 3k seat venues in america and were wondering why they were losing so much money. #3 notice i said a large arena in an area where the fighters i named are actually known and can use their name value to sell tickets thus not being near the financial burden they would be otherwise.

I would love to see saki back. Remy is an all time great, even if his last couple of fights werent his best.

I would love the fight. And it will be good for the sport. Both guys are gents.

yes it was a bad fight but acting like Cro Cop won it without a doubt is a huge stretch. he didn't land barely nothing and Remy was landing his mid kicks much more than anything Cro Cop did.

my selfish self wishes Remy would retire on that win and just chill now. he's my favorite K1 fighter ever but he didn't look good in his post retirement run.

You're totally right...that's exactly Tyrone's Spong problem...he wants and expects real big pay checks and that's way he losses time building a career in pro boxing(I am saying he is lossing time because he's in his prime now at 31, he';s a great kickboxer he should use his talent not waste it...I dont see him getting a title shot at any boxing heavyweight belt in a short time..)
I know they fight for money but they prefer to not fight at all(and get no money!!) than fight for what is offered....a fighters career is limited by time, so they dont have time to losse.. so fight and take oportunities on the way, build big fights that fans want and money will come!!

At the end of the day they are professionals and its their careers and the money they're taking home. Of course they have to go where the money is. Spong has fought in MT/KB for so long and he's so good at it, Glory should simply pay him what he's worth. If he is getting paid more for those low level boxing fights than in Glory, then of course he's going for that.
It's easy as a fan to say "I don't understand why he's wasting his KB career and not accepting whatever money he's offered", but you also have to take into account how much training, sacrifice and risks of injury / brain damage are involved when taking a fight. The money has to be right.

I'd love to see Spong in Glory again, he's one of my favourite fighters, but if Glory is not capable of paying him enough then I can't blame him for going where the money is. It's a real disappointment as a fan.

On topic: I'd really like to see Saki fight again especially as he's still only 33 years old. Bonjasky is 40 and past his prime now though.

At the end of the day they are professionals and its their careers and the money they're taking home. Of course they have to go where the money is. Spong has fought in MT/KB for so long and he's so good at it, Glory should simply pay him what he's worth. If he is getting paid more for those low level boxing fights than in Glory, then of course he's going for that.
It's easy as a fan to say "I don't understand why he's wasting his KB career and not accepting whatever money he's offered", but you also have to take into account how much training, sacrifice and risks of injury / brain damage are involved when taking a fight. The money has to be right.

I'd love to see Spong in Glory again, he's one of my favourite fighters, but if Glory is not capable of paying him enough then I can't blame him for going where the money is. It's a real disappointment as a fan.
Well what exactly is he worth? He doesn't draw. It doesn't make sense for them to pay a bunch of money to him when they won't see an increase in revenue. That's a loss to their company.

I seriously doubt those low level Boxing matches are making much money at all. Their is more potential fort high pay in Boxing but not at the low level.

Well what exactly is he worth? He doesn't draw. It doesn't make sense for them to pay a bunch of money to him when they won't see an increase in revenue. That's a loss to their company.

I seriously doubt those low level Boxing matches are making much money at all. Their is more potential fort high pay in Boxing but not at the low level.
I think his strategy at the moment is to keep wining this low level fights, buit up his boxing record and maybe get a title shot or something....but it's hard because this is the first time in the last maybe 10 years that the heavyweight division started to look interesting(with Klitschko era at his end, Joshua champion,Wilder champion...Haye is back, shann Briggs, Chisora vs Whyte was the fgiht of the year)...so I think is bad strategy

yes , he won and that was also the fight I lost respect to Cro cop.
the crowd was just boing Remy in his retirement fight and Mirco did nothing against it

Back