Sakara out from UFC158 against Cote.

Andzso

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is there anybody in the sport who had been scratched more time from a bout than A.Sakara? I like him but wouldnt mind to see him often. And win.

I know right? still bummed he never fought Jorge, how many times did that get cancelled.

Slip in a sauna? Crack his penis?

The injuries this year have been un-fucking-believable.

Of course..

john-lackey.gif

Here's a news story on it.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/alessio-sakara-out-of-ufc-158-rematch-with-patrick-cote

I was looking forward to that rematch. The article says out of action until early 2013, hopefully they can rematch in the summer.

It must be a pretty bad kidney issue if they are counting him out this early.

Sakara recently announced that kidney issues will keep him out of action into early 2013.

The fight wass not until Mid March...4 months away, must be pretty serious

Sakara recently announced that kidney issues will keep him out of action into early 2013.

The fight wass not until Mid March...4 months away, must be pretty serious

It's less than 3 months away, and you need about 6-8 weeks camp to peak, but that still means it has to have him pretty much out of action for at least several more weeks, so it probably isn't a simple kidney infection.

At the risk of getting yelled at for bumping an older thread, Fabio Maldonado seems open to dropping to 185 for a Cote fight:

Fabio @MaldonadoMMA said he'll fight Cote if the @ufc wants it. That would be a very entertaining fight @danawhite

From his manager, translating from Fabio's twitter.

At the risk of getting yelled at for bumping an older thread, Fabio Maldonado seems open to dropping to 185 for a Cote fight:

From his manager, translating from Fabio's twitter.

Would be great, or as SF will be done by then, Robbie fuckin' Lawler!

I legit don't think Lawler gets the call over to the UFC. He earns like 150K per fight and that's a lot for a guy who has won 1 in his last 5 fights.

Back