• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sage Northcutt vs. Claudio Puelles Added to UFC 214

Claudio Puelles

is that a female?
I know everyone wants Sage to win but that's just wild

8259e430f655bb782058487d498c906e168648ae62978483c51af1053acad4c7.jpg

Glad they finally gave Sage a fight.

Also glad it's against somebody I've never heard of.

He's got talent & potential, but they need to bring him along slowly.

He's in a weird position because he's already a star, but does not have the experience yet to justify big fights.

Haha, thats pretty funny mr Petey sir

It's a nice change of pace from throwing him at a 170 pounder like Mickey Gall who he really had no business fighting (other than it could sell).

No business fighting Gall? lol yeah cause Gall has faced real tough UFC competition so far right? C'mon man, that was a fair fight.

Must win fight for Sage. Time to step up and showcase his abilities.

Puelles can win this. i remeber him favored against Bravo but bravo koed him badly

If Sage losses this one, the UFC will have to dig in the TUF China rejects to get him back on tracks.

Puelles is the runner up of the last TUF Latin América. His mentor was Iván Iberico, a former peruvian MMA fighter (almost fighted at Bellator), who is also the trainer of Enrique Barzola (who has just won his 2nd fight at the last UFC event).

Barzola was a TUF Latin América winner. That result helped Puelles to got a chance at the next TUF.

Iberico and Barzola are both wrestlers, their fight style is all about TDs. On the other hand, Puelles is a boy that, if i'm not wrong, doesn't has a determined background. He's a guy that learn everything he knows at a MMA gym. He's good (not great) on his feet and on the ground.

Said all that, i believe Sage is gonna win this. By decision.

Quality post.
Gracias.

No business fighting Gall? lol yeah cause Gall has faced real tough UFC competition so far right? C'mon man, that was a fair fight.

That was more than fair. Gall was actually at a disadvantage considering how much more experience Sage has.

Lmao UFC desperately trying to get sage some wins.
Well, if Sage isn't nearly as good as they hype him to be, why wouldn't they give him the more unknown and less dangerous guys?

I just want to see Sage do his whatever-flips post-fight!

<GinJuice>

lol Leave it to Sage to make me aware of fighters I didn't even know existed under the UFC.

Back