Sage Northcutt needs to take a break from fights.

I think Sage needz to make a decision between petroleum engineering & fighting.

He'z got a past that could lead him to great placez in MMA... but if he can't dedicate to MMA full time he'z gonna fall short of those that do.

A real camp and a passion for jiu jitsu.

Those are the things he needs.

Northtap should take that time to work on his ground game badly. Looks boo boo at times with tdd and submission defense.

His dad wouldn't allow that. They might teach him science or he might meet a girl.

I think his problem is he needs a new dad. Wonderdad should adopt him. He would put him in a good training camp & have him work with Weidman & Wonderboy.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable drug addiction and rehab feel good story on sage.

he's only 9 years old. give it time

most guys his age and at his level are fighting in backyard promotions.

he happens to have the 'it' factor in terms of looks, so he's getting to grow up in the UFC.

give it 3-4 years.

He's cashing in now. Endorsements come in because he's an active UFC fighter. He's probably clearing 500 k a year and TS suggests to take a break for 5 years LOL. Bless your heart.

He and PVZ should have been groomed in other promotions. The UFC needs a minor league organization or it needs to partner with one so that when they're ready they jump right to the UFC.

Dude is still learning and developing. He's only 20. Don't get your chin cracked and your skull smushed by fighting guys who are at a much more advanced development in life.

Sage may be able to compete somewhat, but its about longevity. Wait until you're like 25 and be a destroyer that never gets hit rather than a young buck 20 who is only competitive but gets hit.

Cut him.

Let him go mature in some other organization for a bit. If he does well, bring him back. If not, who cares.

Sage Northcutt needs to stop listening to his father and find a proper training camp
As correct an answer as this probably is, I fear it most likely will not happen. At least not for a good while yet.

Sage needs to find a better training camp and spend a few years developing in smaller organizations.

Hes got a goal to be the youngest UFC champ. Has two, maybe three years to achieve it. Let him bang bro. Agree though hes rough around the edges but huge potential.

Theyre trying to build him up and he is struggling with easy match ups they give him.
Mickey is not an easy match up he has some nice jitz , barberena yes was an easy match but that was Sage's fault for tapping and not knowing to defend the head and arm triangle

Can't put juice in your chin

He doesn't like to get hit.
Except he was getting tagged on the chin/face and was unphased, and the shot that floored him was on the side of the head causing him to lose equilibrium. Similar to the shots landed on GSP from Serra and Condit that dropped him.

Mickey is not an easy match up he has some nice jitz , barberena yes was an easy match but that was Sage's fault for tapping and not knowing to defend the head and arm triangle
giphy.gif

Here's the definition of an easy match up. He took sage down at will. This was the fight that exposed sage. He wouldn't do a thing to anyone in the top 10.

He's got potential.. He could really be something if he gets rid of his dad and trains a lot on his ground game in a decent camp. He should also get more experience in a smaller league.

He's cashing in now. Endorsements come in because he's an active UFC fighter. He's probably clearing 500 k a year and TS suggests to take a break for 5 years LOL. Bless your heart.

I have a hard time believing that. His reported this year before last night was 182k.

i mean...hes in school to be a petrolium engineer i believe? if so he doesn't need to worry about money at all. plus hes on like a 50k/50k deal.

If fighting doesn't work hes still got a great backup, unlike most fighters imo

Back